We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Glenn Hauser's on the phone  (Read 1477 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Glenn Hauser's on the phone
« on: October 23, 2013, 1421 UTC »
I'm not sure who is behind this, but there are a couple of radio related choices at:

(832)999-8142

World of Radio is always 2 & Amateur radio news line is number 1. The others change from time to time. One of them used to be the new Media Network program that Keith Perron does but I don't think its there anymore. The WOR show sometimes goes a while without being updated (as does the ARNL), but he recently began updating again. I listen to WOR sometimes when I have a long commute on the bus & don't have a laptop with me.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Glenn Hauser's on the phone
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 1604 UTC »
Interesting!. I searched the phone number and came up with this:

http://www.w4uvh.net/dxld1241.txt

By the way I meant to mention I have started uploading WOR to a phone
system into which a number of blind and visually impaired people who
do not have net access can listen: 832-999-8142, Option 2 (Ray T.
Mahorney, WA4WGA, with a contribution via PayPal to woradio at
yahoo.com)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 1930 UTC »
Hang up before he asks you for money.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 0223 UTC »
Oh my gosh!  I just had to get this out there... I recognize that callsign, and now I'm all warm and fuzzy!  I used to know WA4WGA years ago, but lost touch well over a decade ago.  He's legit, of that I can assure you.  Thanks to the OP for unwittingly brightening a Chanter's night.  :) 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.