We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Playback of Recordings made with SDR Software  (Read 12758 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Playback of Recordings made with SDR Software
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 1716 UTC »
Yeah, you've probably hit a 2GB file limit.  I wonder if a standard audio editing program could split it for you into two smaller files, if it is close enough to a WAVE file in structure?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline blw

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Playback of Recordings made with SDR Software
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 1953 UTC »
I should have split up the recording as I knew the SSTV data wasn't until the end. I think I saw a program once that splits wav files. I recorded using Studio1 that is supposed to save a Perseus wav file. The Perseus won't recognize the format, but MySDrPlayback gets them fine. Sort of ironic.

XP keeps resetting my audio settings, and I've never liked tinkering with it. I lost whatever it was I did a while back to get SDR audio into the MMSSTV program. Let's see- what's more fun, searching for a way to split a Perseus wav file or messing with XP audio settings? I sure want to get that Live Free or Die skull SSTV file. It really looks good.
All logs made from my own SDRs, boatanchors, and antennas
QTH: vicinity of Auburn, Alabama

please eQSL to: slowrollsandloops@gmail.com (thank you)