We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: STF Radio International 1-Million Watt Special: April 20, 2014 0400-0500 UTC  (Read 5182 times)

Offline STF_RI

• View Profile
    • STF Radio Intl.
Afedri SDR w/ Pixel RF-Pro 1B loop
PL-680 w/ random wire antenna in the garage
Zone XM41.

Offline taschenrechner

• Я робот. Я работаю на заводе.
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 0437 UTC »
Listening now. Great music, excellent signal on 9925
Airspy HF+ Discovery, Youloop.  SDR++, GQRX,
QSL to: kj4wna@gmail.com

Offline STF_RI

• View Profile
    • STF Radio Intl.
Thanks for tuning in! Glad you liked it. :)
Zone XM41.

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
I took the extreme step of getting out my SDR (I don't use it too much these days) & setting it up to record both 9955 & 9925. Both were coming in well from the looks of it. There didn't seem to be any jamming on 9955 as is usual. I will run the recording today & try to decode it. I thought it was supposed to be on 7490 & 5110 also but they both went off air at 4:00z. Thanks for the interesting show.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline STF_RI

• View Profile
    • STF Radio Intl.
Right on, thanks for making the effort!

5110 + 7490 might be on tonight...they seem to have trouble with UTC time/dates. :(
Zone XM41.

Offline STF_RI

• View Profile
    • STF Radio Intl.
STF Radio #1 Encore now on WBCQ 5110, 7490!
Zone XM41.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip!  I switched on at 0424, having just spotted your post, and tah-dah!  There it was.  Straight into an ID, too.  Catchy electronic music there, and thanks for the 'Warning, warning, warning.  Incoming digital mode.'  Those things hurt my ears if my speakers are turned up.  :)  I'll QSL via the e-mail given in the broadcast, but I'm curious if paper QSLs are being issued for this one?  I'm old school that way. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns