We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: All India Radio?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
All India Radio?
« on: July 30, 2014, 2259 UTC »
Hello all, I have posted on this board once or twice before. I have been a shortwave listener for several years but lately I did most of my listening via a WebSDR. In June however I bought a Tecsun PL-660 shortwave radio and I finally can listen from my own location, that being southern New York. I have heard a slew of international broadcasters and I finally managed to pick up the BBC world service clearly on two frequencies this afternoon. While I have managed to hear many of the major broadcasters with just the telescopic antenna, there is one name that I have yet to hear - that being All India Radio.

I'm just wondering if there are any frequencies/times which I might be able to hear All India Radio in Eastern North America. I know I could browse a few online schedules and see what there is, but I always prefer asking real people first.

Regards,
RW Observer
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Nella F.

Re: All India Radio?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 2337 UTC »
Go to www.primetimeshortwave.com & there you will find on the left side just below "Home page" click "time sort". Best bet for our neck of the woods is 1745-1945gmt. on 7.550 & 11.670. There's also a "National Channel" 9.425 which probably hops over the North Pole (Just moi opinion). Go to allindiaradio.gov.in then go to "Profile" (just to the left under the profile of Gandhi) & click "Radio Network/Frequency Schedule". Let us know what you catch!
                                                                    8)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 2344 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline SWTurk

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ynt: Re: All India Radio?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 0917 UTC »
Hello all, I have posted on this board once or twice before. I have been a shortwave listener for several years but lately I did most of my listening via a WebSDR. In June however I bought a Tecsun PL-660 shortwave radio and I finally can listen from my own location, that being southern New York. I have heard a slew of international broadcasters and I finally managed to pick up the BBC world service clearly on two frequencies this afternoon. While I have managed to hear many of the major broadcasters with just the telescopic antenna, there is one name that I have yet to hear - that being All India Radio.

I'm just wondering if there are any frequencies/times which I might be able to hear All India Radio in Eastern North America. I know I could browse a few online schedules and see what there is, but I always prefer asking real people first.

Regards,
RW Observer

I use that http://www.short-wave.info you can find all sw's frequencies just point your location and choose language or station easily to use and great site...

Cheers
Onur
Onur YAYLA

Maltepe, Istanbul, TURKEY

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
Re: All India Radio?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 1944 UTC »
Hello all, just getting back with an update. I decided to use some of the frequencies and schedules that were provided and I managed to pick up AIR on 11670 kHz and I listened to them from 1910z until 1935z. They were playing a variety of cultural Indian music, afterwards a female announcer came on and gave a station ID, followed by a male announcer reading a news bulletin of some sort. Signal was weak with static from my desk, but when I moved my setup to the window the signal was significantly clearer, once again only the telescopic antenna was used, as the reel antenna's seem to increase the noise floor significantly.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
RW Observer

Offline SWTurk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 1954 UTC »
Hello all, just getting back with an update. I decided to use some of the frequencies and schedules that were provided and I managed to pick up AIR on 11670 kHz and I listened to them from 1910z until 1935z. They were playing a variety of cultural Indian music, afterwards a female announcer came on and gave a station ID, followed by a male announcer reading a news bulletin of some sort. Signal was weak with static from my desk, but when I moved my setup to the window the signal was significantly clearer, once again only the telescopic antenna was used, as the reel antenna's seem to increase the noise floor significantly.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
RW Observer

I have pl 660 too. When I unboxing, found Tecsun wire antenna inside box. It helps a lot to defeat static in audio. Now, I can hear near perfect while listening American religious radios (WWCR etc.) or Radio Havana Cuba. Did you reach the link? Was it help you?

Cheers
Onur
Onur YAYLA

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 2017 UTC »

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
RW Observer

I have pl 660 too. When I unboxing, found Tecsun wire antenna inside box. It helps a lot to defeat static in audio. Now, I can hear near perfect while listening American religious radios (WWCR etc.) or Radio Havana Cuba. Did you reach the link? Was it help you?

Cheers
Onur

That is a great little site you provided, I like how everything is also shown on the world map. I have the wire antenna that comes with the radio and I also have the Sangean ANT-60 reel antenna, which is pretty much the same as the other antenna. The problem I get with them is that they typically increase the noise floor making listening sometimes worse than without the antenna. I don't know if it's the placement or something else. So normally I just use the telescopic antenna, and even with that I'm surprised at what I'm able to hear, especially on the 31m and 25m bands during the evening hours.

Regards,
RW Observer

Offline SWTurk

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: All India Radio?
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 2354 UTC »

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
RW Observer

Cheers
Onur

That is a great little site you provided, I like how everything is also shown on the world map. I have the wire antenna that comes with the radio and I also have the Sangean ANT-60 reel antenna, which is pretty much the same as the other antenna. The problem I get with them is that they typically increase the noise floor making listening sometimes worse than without the antenna. I don't know if it's the placement or something else. So normally I just use the telescopic antenna, and even with that I'm surprised at what I'm able to hear, especially on the 31m and 25m bands during the evening hours.

Regards,
RW Observer

Unfortunately there's no way to show all online stations in a single map there's massive handicap of that site I wrote this administration I hope soon it will be fixed.

I agree wire antennas has increases noise level if you compare telescopic antenna but when the telescopic became uselles (pirate or lower power stations and far distances) It helps a lot.

Cheers
Onur
Onur YAYLA