We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Perseus Users: GUI Update Pending 50  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Rafman

• DXing Phenomena
  • Virgilina Border
  • Pirate Radio: Radio FUN minus Station Management!!
    • View Profile
    • WirelessDX - Collection of Pirate Radio clips by Rafman K4RAF
    • Email
Perseus Users: GUI Update Pending 50
« on: September 11, 2014, 0750 UTC »
Fellow Perseus Owners,

If you don't already subscribe, there is a quite good mailing list for Perseus on Yahoo Groups. It is perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com
I recently posted a frustration I have had with 40 GUI & it's inability to display "full screen" on a Lenovo i7 12.1" laptop. Some folks had led me to "SDR Console" which does full screen but I have yet to get far with it. For some reason, I can't get audio from Perseus, Elads or AFEDRI, even though the radios come up live... Anyway, I guess Nico read my comment, the references to 3rd party software & I got an ecouraging response that will be of interest to other fellow Perseus users!

NOTE: I was so frustrated, I almost sold my Perseus but have rescinded such impulses  ::)

Hello Rafman,

"IMHO, the Perseus GUI is limited by the basic lack of "full screen" display, almost as if support has been abandoned?" ~Rafman

It hasn't. I had simply to collect my ideas and find a way to design what I had in my mind in the way I would have been proud of.
I understand your frustration and I apologize for not having satisfied requests like yours as quickly as I could.

Anyway, for your pleasure here are some pictures of what I've been recently working to.
I've still to implement some features I'd like to add to the new Perseus software version. It will take a little bit of time to complete and make it available to the public but I think I'm on the good way:

http://microtelecom.it/perseus/perseusv50-20140911-fullscreen.png

http://microtelecom.it/perseus/perseusv50-20140911.png

http://microtelecom.it/perseus/perseuv5-dynamic-spectrum-average.png

I can anticipate that the new software version will be included in all the receivers we will sale as soon as it will be available, probably starting from the end of September or so, but it will be available for a small fee also to all those that would like to keep their Perseus software up to date.

73s,
Nico - IV3NWV

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 0752 UTC by Rafman »
~
Rafman
Onion Flats [Baskerville] VA USA
[All QSLs greatly appreciated: WIFIDX@gmail.com]
Elad FDM-S1&S2 / SDRplay1 & SDRplay2
Mizuho SX59 & SX3 preselectors / JPS ANC4 Noise Phaser
41m EU beverage / 40m loop / 75m CF Zepp / 41m Sloping Dipole
The "Real FCC" http://bit.ly/2lQDNYm

Offline BDM

• S/E Michigan
    • View Profile
Re: Perseus Users: GUI Update Pending 50
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 0347 UTC »
Yes good news, I read this the other day ;)
Radios -- Perseus SDR // SDRPlay RSPdx // Icom IC-7300 // Tecsun PL-660 // Panasonic RF-5000A --Antennas-- Pixel Pro 1B loop - 82' fan-dipole at 40' - tuned MW/BCB 40" loop and 100' receive only dipole
-Brian--North of Detroit--MI-
1710/KHz the MW Pirate Clear Channel (not so much anymore "sigh")

Offline ByteBORG

• DX Legend
  • It Is Our Nature...
    • View Profile
Re: Perseus Users: GUI Update Pending 50
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 1222 UTC »
Good news indeed coming from microtelecom.
+ Always listening for that elusive RF...
+ microtelecom Perseus / FunCube Dongle Pro+ / FT450-D / FT101-D
+ RF Sys EMF  / RF Sys MLB w/Long Wire / HomeBrew Inverted "V" cut for 43 mtrs.
+ 73 & Good DX !!!
+ Please eQSL to: s<dot>csiki<at>comcast<dot>net