We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Excalibur .ddc files  (Read 3888 times)

vhavrilko

Excalibur .ddc files
« on: November 13, 2014, 0143 UTC »
Is there any way to convert a .ddc file to another format, e.g. .avi, etc?  Probably not but I thought it would not hurt to ask. If I want to share a file I recorded on my Excalibur, I need to used Bandicam before I upload to YouTube which is an extra and timely additional step.  I guess the only alternative may be to also record a .wav file which would at least have the audio component.

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Excalibur .ddc files
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 0219 UTC »
Is there any way to convert a .ddc file to another format, e.g. .avi, etc?  Probably not but I thought it would not hurt to ask. If I want to share a file I recorded on my Excalibur, I need to used Bandicam before I upload to YouTube which is an extra and timely additional step.  I guess the only alternative may be to also record a .wav file which would at least have the audio component.

The Excal DDC files are WAV with slight variations.  In fact you can use a WAV editor to trim/edit the DDC files.  However, that does not mean you can play them as "regular" WAVs any more than you could play the WAV file output of one of the RFSpace SDRs.

No, there is no way to convert a DDC (or any other SDR output file) directly to a video file.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

vhavrilko

Re: Excalibur .ddc files
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 0408 UTC »
Token,

Thanks.  I did not think so but it was worth a try.  I plan to start archiving my video and audio files (besides YouTube) in the future once I FINALLY get the A*C*E bulletins done.  Not much free time until I complete my doctorate.  I have tried to post some Bandicam videos of pirate broadcasts on YouTube but they get censored because of the music content.  My numbers intercepts do not, though.  I guess those are not subject to copyright laws! :-)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns