We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Europirate Chat  (Read 3149 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Europirate Chat
« on: April 26, 2015, 1859 UTC »
Many Europirate listeners know about Iann's Chat, an online chat room frequented by many listeners and operators from Europe.

There is now a chat page for this Europirate chat right here on the HFU, see the link "Europirate Chat" at the top of the page, or go directly to http://hfunderground.com/europirate_chat.php

There's a set of fields at the bottom of the chat which allow you to customize the width and height of the chat box.

For those who have not used the chat before, please be sure change your nickname on the chat once you join it (it usually defaults to a nonsensical name), so operators on the chat don't think you're a would be spammer. They can be pretty quick on the draw kicking people out who don't change their nick. Also introduce yourself as a radio listener, and perhaps give your location.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 1926 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany,NRW
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Europirate Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 1159 UTC »
Just a side note for all Android users on Iann's Pirate Chat.
To use the chat on Android devices utilize the "Dolphin" or "Flashfox" browser. I personally use the Dolphin which works great.

Also please avoid any kind of foul language on the chat,which will get you kicked out of the chat immediately. I Hope to see some members of the HFU on the chat over time.

Thanks to Chris for the direct link.

RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 1358 UTC »
I added another feature to the chat page, the ten most recent logs are displayed below the chat, updated every minute. So you can sit on the chat page, and not miss anything that's just been logged here on the HFU.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

JoeFLIPS

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 1635 UTC »
Hi all,
  I decided to try the Europirate chat room a bit ago and was kicked out for unknown reasons. I signed in,changed my nickname to JoeFLIPS and stated I was listening to Radio Marabu and Radio Merlin via the Twente online Web Receiver. Some ahole named Mike Fox called me an idiot and banned me lmao!!! Not understanding why but whatever.

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany,NRW
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 1646 UTC »
Joe, contact the admin of the chat and website.Explaining him your situation and you should be able to get back on the chat.

His name is Iann and his email: iann.ski (@) hotmail.fr
RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

JoeFLIPS

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 1655 UTC »
I sent him a private chat message but no response. I'll try the email ty

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 2141 UTC »
I chatted with Iann and some of the moderators on the chat.  This seems to have been a mistake, they sometimes have problems with "stalkers" as they call it. He didn't elaborate, maybe they are people that listen to the pirates on twente because they don't have an actual radio.

Iann said that people who join the chat can mention that they are from the HFUnderground site, hopefully that will be enough to let others know they are legit users.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 2159 UTC »
Sounds like these guys have too many axes to grind.  Count me out.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me