We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Veggie Burger  (Read 5009 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Veggie Burger
« on: July 26, 2015, 1856 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Nella F.

Re: Veggie Burger
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 2044 UTC »
Happy colon cancer, smart ass...& it will, too. Just ask my mom oh wait, she's Dead, though she appreciated my reading the comics to her & the liquid morphine.   :'(

Additional: According to Wiki:"Cause":
 "75-95% occurs in people with little or no genetic risk".
"Risk Factors" "include older age *, high intake of fat*, alcohol* [and] red meat*, smoking** and lack of physical exercise*".
*Bingo
**2nd. hand All her adult life.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 2102 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 0148 UTC »
Seems legit.  It's made from 100% vegans.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline clobdell

• Global Moderator
  • DXing Phenomena
  • Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 0010 UTC »
I'd rather a Baltimore Pit Beef Burger  ;D
Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-525, 535 and 545, Icom IC-7300
Aerial: MFJ G5RV dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
All loggings are from my QTH with my equipment unless stated otherwise.
QSL to: crlobdell1@gmail.com or
Box 80146, Stoneham, MA 02180
Amateur Radio Station: KC1IUK

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 0023 UTC »
Ah, yes, made from the most tender, most flavorful, and most aromatic cut of all: the armpit.

I'd rather a Baltimore Pit Beef Burger  ;D

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 1204 UTC »
You really need to find a burrow to stick your head in, Al.

Nella F.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 2241 UTC »
Ah, yes, made from the most tender, most flavorful, and most aromatic cut of all: the armpit.

;)    Ah, shaved or unshaved?   ;)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 2302 UTC »

;)    Ah, shaved or unshaved?   ;)

Nella...you have a Constitutional right to bare arms! That includes the funny bone and the pits....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 2304 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 0346 UTC »
I was once on the Metro in Paris looking at a young lady across a crowded car who was smiling at me. I remember thinking, "Wherever she get's out, I'm getting out".

A couple of stops later she starts to stand up. I start pushing through the crowd. As the train stops she reaches up for the strap above her seat. I get full view of her right armpit. Same auburn color as the hair on her head and nearly as thick.

Here is where it gets weird. She looks at me, hands me a mango and get's off the train. It has her name and number on it. I'm looking at the mango when a beggar tugs on my sleeve and points to the mango. He gives me a leering grin and says "Belinda???"  I look at him, then at the mango, and respond "Oui". He points to the mango, then to himself. I say "Have it, it might the last number you get.", in broken French. Instead of putting it in his pocket, he eats the thing whole, then wanders into the next car muttering "fin, fin....".

To this day, I wonder how my life would have been different if young Belinda owned a Lady Gillette?

Nella F.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 2226 UTC »

8)   Food for thought, eh?   8)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 2240 UTC »
To this day, I wonder how my life would have been different if young Belinda owned a Lady Gillette?

You would probably still be doing the Mango Tango with Belinda while the beggar would be saying bad things about you and possibly plotting your demise....
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Fansome

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 0519 UTC »
Reminds me of a Mad Magazine parody of the Rapunzel fairy tale. Rapunzel encourages the prince to climb up the tower, using her golden hair, as in the fairy tale. When he gets to the top, however, he discovers that he's been climbing up using her armpit hair. I think it added an element of excitement to the story, but that's just me...

;)    Ah, shaved or unshaved?   ;)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 0715 UTC »
I remember that edition of Mad. I threw it the trash before I got on that train in Paris. What a coincidence!

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 0725 UTC »
Seems legit.  It's made from 100% vegans.

It don't taste like chicken....

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 0127 UTC »
Have you ever noticed that people say, "It tastes just like chicken.", for everything but chicken? They then claim chicken tastes like rat.

That leads me to the question; How do all those people know what rat tastes like? Are there secret rat ranches, butcher shops,and restaurants that cater to these rodent aficionados? 

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns