We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: V28 Number Station (The Parrot) is disappearance  (Read 1973 times)

Offline pon09017

• View Profile
    • Email
V28 Number Station (The Parrot) is disappearance
« on: January 04, 2016, 0121 UTC »
Ah.. V28 Number Station is stopped.
First, See this Video. (KST 2015.12.31 2230)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn-QHIwL8CE&feature=youtu.be
The station is broadcast in the last V28.

Korea on a time basis, 1 January 16 has not been V28 is observed.
I think this station, It's like 'UZB-76'.
Because, V28 Transmtter Power is Very low, And The transmitter also wasn't good. Finally, The Speak Tone is DPRK.

In the New Year, V28 is not observed.

Happy New Year. In Republic Of Korea. This is GwangYang.

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: V28 Number Station (The Parrot) is disappearance
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 0333 UTC »
Yes, since the 4 transmissions on Dec 31, 2015, I have not seen or heard V28.  It may be it has terminated activity, or it may have shifted to a time and frequency not yet found.

However, I am not sure I agree with the transmitter being "very low power".  I was able to hear the 3277 kHz and the ~3690 kHz transmissions every day here in the Mojave Desert of California.  Some days not very strong, other days fairly strong, particularly the ~3690 kHz signal.  Comparing that with other Asian sourced signals in the band the power was not low.  It may not have been up to Voice of Korea, Pyongyang, signal levels, but it was stronger than some signals of known ~1 kW power.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA