We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Where's Fansome?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Where's Fansome?
« on: May 04, 2016, 1630 UTC »
Obscure people are dying and propagation forecasts aren't being reported. I'm worried the old guy has fallen into a sinkhole. Someone issue an "Elder Alert".

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Where's Fansome?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 1710 UTC »
Obscure people are dying and propagation forecasts aren't being reported. I'm worried the old guy has fallen into a sinkhole. Someone issue an "Elder Alert".

He needs to combine the two, propagation has certainly been dead recently.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Nella F.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 0007 UTC »
                                   Propagation: Sometimes it's a four letter word.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 0142 UTC »
I've got a terrible feeling he's hitched up the goat wagon to head off Wozniak on the plains of Kansas. It will be a donnybrook come September.

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 0718 UTC »

United Nations intruder disappears after jumping into river

Published Saturday, May 7, 2016 | 11:49 p.m.

Updated Saturday, May 7, 2016 | 11:49 p.m.

NEW YORK (AP) — Police say they are unsure what happened to an intruder on United Nations property who disappeared after climbing over a wall and jumping into the East River.

The New York Police Department says officers responded to a Saturday morning call from UN security workers about a man who had gotten onto the property. Police say the man climbed over a wall and jumped into the river.

Divers searched the river but did not find the man.

The NYPD says a search will likely resume Sunday.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 2008 UTC »
Al, Al, Al, no need for such tales. We're your friends here.

Don't you know a rookery of penguins based on Roosevelt Island keeps Manhattan safe from sappers and escapees? What do you think got Kurt Russell's eye? Perhaps you should take a hit from Kurt and look before you leap.

Personally, I can't wait for President Trump to put up his Great Wall of Penguins to protect the country from evil doers. It's gonna be a winnah, I tell you, a winnah!