Loggings > Shortwave Broadcast

15340 SOH relay RFA 1630 UTC May 25 2024

(1/2) > >>

N2MLP:
15340   SOH relay RFA       location Pingtung

S 7
Chinese Speaker

Paul B. Walker, Jr.:
id be shocked if someone3 in NE PA was hearing SOH.. likely a chinese jammer with CNR or CRI programming.

MDK2:
Agreed with Paul. Without a report indicating something that positively identifies the broadcast as SOH, it's not SOH.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.:

--- Quote from: MDK2 on May 26, 2024, 0042 UTC ---Agreed with Paul. Without a report indicating something that positively identifies the broadcast as SOH, it's not SOH.

--- End quote ---

have i heard SOH in alaska? Possibly but not likely... when i hear asian languages thats listed as SOH.. i just pass it on by because the signal is way too strong to be SOH, even at my location.

Theres a Dxer in a non HFU FB group whos repeatedly posted logs claiming to have heard SOH, ive alerted him once or twice.. but he continues to do it, saying he couldnt find a match anywhere to cNR or SOH fropm his QTH in the rocky mountains... but never says hes verified with a stream on SOH's website

MDK2:

--- Quote from: Paul B. Walker, Jr. on May 26, 2024, 1755 UTC ---have i heard SOH in alaska? Possibly but not likely... when i hear asian languages thats listed as SOH.. i just pass it on by because the signal is way too strong to be SOH, even at my location.

Theres a Dxer in a non HFU FB group whos repeatedly posted logs claiming to have heard SOH, ive alerted him once or twice.. but he continues to do it, saying he couldnt find a match anywhere to cNR or SOH fropm his QTH in the rocky mountains... but never says hes verified with a stream on SOH's website

--- End quote ---

The member "Ron - Calif." here has heard it and provided enough detail to confirm reception. But he's a long time DXer and he's right on the beach at California. I trust all his logs implicitly because of that plus the detail he gives. I forget the frequency, maybe a weird on just outside 49m, but that's one he says is never jammed. It's not impossible to get if you know what to look for (a big clue is to listen for time pips at the top of the hour - CNR1 has them, SOH doesn't it), but he knows the SOH station ID in Mandarin as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version