Loggings > Other

UNID, 6970AM, 2330+, 7 Oct 2013

(1/2) > >>

LighthouseOhio:
Interesting - a couple of us are hearing something on 6970 with a decent signal, completely separate from Boom Box on 6975.40 AM. 

Whoever is on 6970 fades in quickly, then out again, then back, etc.  Female talking much of the time thus far.  Seems to be religous format or a sermon.  But I checked two major databases and can not find a commercial broadcaster listed on 6970.

BBR:
Could be an image or mixing product????

ChrisSmolinski:
It is a mixing product, WWCR: 13845 - 6875 = 6970

You know, I think the FCC lets WWCR get away with this, just because it annoys us pirate listeners.

That's my conspiracy theory for the day, anyway.

LighthouseOhio:
Wow - how did you think to compute it that way?  And yes, I tuned up to WWCR and it is absolutely that. 

ChrisSmolinski:
Took me a little while, but I figured it out a few months ago, there's another thread where I went through the details.

If you have an SDR with a waterfall display, it becomes obvious - 6970 vanishes (and appears) exactly with 6875.

I was also burned a while back by something on 6925 that turned out to be another US SWBC station, WWRB I think? The one in Nashville.

My suspicion is that there's something at the WWCR transmitter site acting as a rectifier, allowing the two signals to mix. Maybe a rusty fence. If only we could convince the FCC that it was an antenna tower with peeling paint, they'd get right on it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version