Technical Topics > SDR - Software Defined Radio

kiwi software glitches or just problems at KFS?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Teotwaki:

--- Quote from: Teotwaki on May 04, 2022, 2330 UTC ---I posted the issue to the kiwi sdr forum

https://forum.kiwisdr.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2605/possible-bug-with-public-facing-gui#latest

--- End quote ---

Comment from that kiwi forum

Comments
jksjks
May 4
Wow, there's something really strange about all 4 of those Kiwis. They're all running v1.509 which is a little old but should be okay. If you look at the javascript console (from the browser) on page load it thinks the variable "cfg.passbands" doesn't exist. That comes from the saved configuration file. Yet if you type "cfg.passbands" into the javascript console input field it appears just fine.

So I don't get it. One of them has been up 10 days, but another less than 24 hours. Maybe they should try updating to the latest software version and see what happens. You'll note there is no waterfall either because of this problem (because the javascript aborts before the page can completely load).

Teotwaki:
Someone from KFS is attempting to fix the issues but it's not fast or easy

Teotwaki:
It appears that the issues at KFS have been resolved. All of the KFS kiwis are now on the latest software revision. One interesting item in the discussion was:

" The KFS site is connected to the Internet by a microwave link which is heavily used by WebSDR listeners as well as by one of the wsprdaeon.org backup servers. I am working both the reduce the network impact of the WD server and to increase the subscription bandwidth of the link."

Pigmeat:
If only SDR's had knobs, these problems wouldn't exist.

Teotwaki:
Pigmeat,

You’ll have to be content to squeeze the knobs you have within your grasp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version