HFU HF Underground

Loggings => 22 Meter Band Beacons => Topic started by: ke8dnu on September 05, 2018, 0127 UTC

Title: antenna update
Post by: ke8dnu on September 05, 2018, 0127 UTC
This has been the first full day of transmitting for the DNU beacon and I am proud to say it has been running well!

However, the inverted V that I built has been giving me a tough time when getting swr measurements as it does not stay consistent throughout the day. This morning it was 1.5:1, this afternoon it was close to 4:1, then later in the evening it was back down to around 1.7:1.

Not certain what's causing it, I will continue to keep an eye on it. The comet analyzer i'm using probably isn't lying to me.   


Anyway, i'm very much looking forward to any reports people may have about the signal. 73 for now!

Adam/KE8DNU
Title: Re: antenna update
Post by: TickingMind on September 05, 2018, 0253 UTC
I sometimes notice that morning and evening moisture / dew often attribute to the change in readings, if that is of any help. But that can also mean that you might have a point where you are exposed and may be seeing a slight short across the output terminals /connection point or somewhere along the line.

I am sure you will source the problem out and fix it up! :)

TM
Title: Re: antenna update
Post by: ke8dnu on September 05, 2018, 0314 UTC
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, i've checked the connections...it's more of an irritation than anything else as i'm a stickler for SWR.

Incidently, this antenna is a proving to be a workhorse, and will be the backbone of the station for a little while at least.    Before the end of fall, I'll make room on my dipole farm for yet another haha

I'm having -almost- as much fun with this as I am with 30 meters.

73 and all the best!!

Adam/KE8DNU