We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: recent longwave logs  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
recent longwave logs
« on: February 15, 2013, 0854 UTC »
As I've said before, just when I despair of ever finding a new beacon, up pop a few to restore my faith in a night-to-night variable band.  :)  I really need to get a map of nearby states and provinces, detailed enough to list small towns and cities, for the purpose of sticking pins in heard locations.  Does such an animal exist, I wonder?  

417, 02/09, 0450Z - IY, Chukk - Charles City, Iowa  
281, 02/13, 0703Z - DMO, Sidalia, Missouri  
332, 02/15, 0727Z - FFL, Fairfield, Iowa  
274, 02/15, 0736Z - YPM, Pikangikum, Ontario  

Edited to add: Aaaaand one more. 

300, 02/15, 1122Z - YOG, Ogoki Post, Ontario 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 1128 UTC by Chanter »
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Rockpicker

• Middle of No Where Montana
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: recent longwave logs
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 0654 UTC »
I would recommend Raven Maps. www.ravenmaps.com
Not because I have any interest in them other than I own 3 laminated wall maps they publish.  
- absolutely gorgeous - I suppose if you happen appreciate maps like I do anyway - nice website as well-

Here is a pic of the Montana map hanging on the wall in front of me now, 41"x65"  1"= 9.5 miles topographical w/ all primary roads
and every town in Montana.
Central Montana
Winradio G31DDC Excalibur, YB 400PE,  Satellit 750
RF Systems MLBA with 85' of copper flex weave