We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Late season Sporadic 'E', 8/15/2022 00:00 - 02:00UTC, on 10M / 11M.  (Read 428 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
In between T-storms, I kicked-on the Xiegu G90 to check if the local HAM dared to venture out on the local 10M chit-chat FREQ of 28.415MHz USB. No, but to my surprise, Sporadic 'E' was very much hopping from TX, OK, AR, and KS, states. So, I broke-in and worked several stations on 10W. I even said "HI" again to a dude that I worked 10M from KS last year. Then, T-storms came back through, and I had to get off-air, but that was a pleasant surprise, at least. I did peak on to the CB FREQ's to see them hopping as well, especially, CH 6, CH 15, CH 28, and the higher LSB CH's 36 - 40. 
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.