We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Huge flaw” threatens US emergency alert system, DHS researcher warns!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Huge flaw” threatens US emergency alert system, DHS researcher warns!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 1930 UTC »
I don't know how "huge" this is.  The encoder with the vulnerability is a low-end encoder bought by folks that were too cheap to buy a Sage, and probably don't check their logs anyway.  I believe that the commission revoked the type acceptance to those units years ago, deeming them illegal to use in a FCC licensed station in the first place.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

UncleJohn

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 0003 UTC »
     >:(      I'm Sure Moscow knows already, So Get Ready for more (*bleep&*bleep&*bleep & More Bleepin' Bleep from...)!    >:(

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 1314 UTC »
No worries.   This is the same Moscow that thought their "special operation" in Ukraine would be a 2 week cakewalk.
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 2341 UTC »
And launches hypersonic rockets at that country that hit it's own territory.

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
Never fear about both this EAS tech glitch and those pesky Russki missiles, as Space Force will protect us, right Pigmeat?

MP
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Absolutely!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns