We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6925u Undercover Radio: EasyPal Digital 0032 UTC 2/25/2013  (Read 5374 times)

Offline Kilokat7

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • West Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Kilokat7 DX
6925u Undercover Radio: EasyPal Digital 0032 UTC 2/25/2013
« on: February 25, 2013, 0038 UTC »
Decoded this using EasyPal (usually used by Hams for slow scan digital) at 0035z:

Freedom:

You know I was at the shooting range the other day and started thinking about the rights we have in the United States. When you think about it, it’s pretty amazing what our forefathers came up with in our US Bill of Rights and in our Constitution. The second amendment states that we have the right to keep and bear arms. We have the right to bear arms for personal security, and the right to bear arms to defend our country. We even have the right to bear arms to defend against a corrupt government. That's a rare thing in a world where many countries are ruled by dictatorships supported by an army that exists to protect the government from its citizens.
But you already know these freedoms are eroding as time goes by. For instance, many people today seem to think that there is no place for firearms in our society. So many people I talk to wonder why on earth anyone would own a weapon, especially in this day and age. Yes, this day and age where governments are collapsing all around us. Even our own government has become a self-serving law making machine all with the supposed premise of protecting us from ourselves. Our rights are slowly but surely disappearing. Our personal freedoms are vanishing before our eyes. Maybe you should exercise your right to own a gun while you can.

Freedom. What is freedom? Freedom is the right to live your daily life as you please, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and of course freedom of speech without repercussion from your government. Yes, we have plenty of incidents where these freedoms are suppressed and punished but in general we all enjoy these freedoms.
But here's the funny thing. With all these freedoms why do I speak to you behind a cloak? It's because our freedoms are slowly eroding. We haven’t had freedom of the airwaves since just after radio came into wide use after its discovery. The government quickly clamped down on all the free radio stations that started popping up in a hurry and created the Federal Communications Commission to regulate who could use the airwaves and what they could say. How free is that?
These days the government only exists to put more laws and regulations on the books. Did you know the US passes an average of 300 new laws a year? 300? We have thousands of laws on the books and thousands more to come.
And now we have our almighty Homeland Security department out to protect us from the world. It sends chills down my spine. Don't get me wrong. A fundamental responsibility of our government is to provide for our security. I suspect they have done more to protect our national security than we realize. But part of the price for this protection is the loss of some of our personal freedom and privacy. Trust me; it won't be long before the government knows where we are at just about any time. Police cars and toll booths are currently equipped with license plate scanners to provide instant background checks and what about our brave new digital world? The digital world has given us wonderful new smartphones with built in GPS's that allow tracking of our every move. And I mean every move. The chips in the phones are so accurate now that they can detect what floor of a house you are on. Your email is logged and stored in the wondrous cloud. Most likely many conversations on your phone are filed in some data warehouse somewhere. All this information is most likely being collected and analyzed for anything that might be a danger to our national security. But take it a few years out from now. All this data might be analyzed for anything "improper". And you thought you were safe from 1984.
Freedom is a funny thing. I suppose total freedom could be equated to anarchy. But to we really want anarchy? Some people living in the clouds claim that anarchy is the answer but then I have to ask how things are going in Somalia. It's human nature for someone to be a leader and others to be followers. Freedom is some kind of balancing act. You and I both know that we need to have some rules in place have a civil society. It's human nature. It's always been that way. Leaders and followers. It's just human nature. But for those who follow, please don't confuse this with apathy. Apathy is the MOST destructive obstacle to freedom. Please think about the balancing act required for freedom. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. We must NOT allow the scales to tip too far off balance. Oh, I know, you already think that things have tipped over the edge. We've used America up and sold it out. If you feel that way, don't just sit there sulking. Get off your ass and do something about it. I know you've heard it all before and will hear it again but we are a nation of apathy and that my friend is a dangerous thing. Our apathy is quickly paving a nice little path to tyranny.

We are all lemmings being led to the usual path of destruction just like all civilizations before ours. Is it really inevitable? Is the world full of idiots?
Recollections:

Memories of William Cooper yelling on the shortwave telling people to wake up!
Flashbacks of reading old issues of Comedy, Tragedy and Apathy
Memories of shortwave evangelist predicting the end of the world
Flashbacks of the horrific Indian Ocean Tsunami with waves over 100 feet high
Laughing at Harry Shearer’s Le Show
Listening to pirates crackle over the airwaves
Hearing Alan Weiner rant oh about real pirates
Does any of this really matter anyway? We are all doomed.
Doomed to be hit by an asteroid,
Doomed to die in a nuclear winter in the aftermath of a super volcano,
Doomed to be erased by the next ice age,
Doomed to become hordes of zombies as a horrible virus infects our brains.

May I help you? Sir? May I take your order?

Anyway, that's what was going through my mind while I was waiting in line for my Double Whopper with cheese with an extra-large order of fries and a 64 oz. Coke.

Sound familiar?  Message received Doc :-)

This one received at 0053z:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 0056 UTC by Kilokat7 »
PLS QSL kilokat7(at)gmail.com
Perseus SDR / DKAZ loops
1980s pirate off-air archive
West Michigan DX

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: 6925 EasyPal 0032 UTC 2/25/2013
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 0044 UTC »
Also got the same.

Freedom:

You know I was at the shooting range the other day and started thinking about the rights we have in the United States. When you think about it, it’s pretty amazing what our forefathers came up with in our US Bill of Rights and in our Constitution. The second amendment states that we have the right to keep and bear arms. We have the right to bear arms for personal security, and the right to bear arms to defend our country. We even have the right to bear arms to defend against a corrupt government. That's a rare thing in a world where many countries are ruled by dictatorships supported by an army that exists to protect the government from its citizens.
But you already know these freedoms are eroding as time goes by. For instance, many people today seem to think that there is no place for firearms in our society. So many people I talk to wonder why on earth anyone would own a weapon, especially in this day and age. Yes, this day and age where governments are collapsing all around us. Even our own government has become a self-serving law making machine all with the supposed premise of protecting us from ourselves. Our rights are slowly but surely disappearing. Our personal freedoms are vanishing before our eyes. Maybe you should exercise your right to own a gun while you can.

Freedom. What is freedom? Freedom is the right to live your daily life as you please, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and of course freedom of speech without repercussion from your government. Yes, we have plenty of incidents where these freedoms are suppressed and punished but in general we all enjoy these freedoms.
But here's the funny thing. With all these freedoms why do I speak to you behind a cloak? It's because our freedoms are slowly eroding. We haven’t had freedom of the airwaves since just after radio came into wide use after its discovery. The government quickly clamped down on all the free radio stations that started popping up in a hurry and created the Federal Communications Commission to regulate who could use the airwaves and what they could say. How free is that?
These days the government only exists to put more laws and regulations on the books. Did you know the US passes an average of 300 new laws a year? 300? We have thousands of laws on the books and thousands more to come.
And now we have our almighty Homeland Security department out to protect us from the world. It sends chills down my spine. Don't get me wrong. A fundamental responsibility of our government is to provide for our security. I suspect they have done more to protect our national security than we realize. But part of the price for this protection is the loss of some of our personal freedom and privacy. Trust me; it won't be long before the government knows where we are at just about any time. Police cars and toll booths are currently equipped with license plate scanners to provide instant background checks and what about our brave new digital world? The digital world has given us wonderful new smartphones with built in GPS's that allow tracking of our every move. And I mean every move. The chips in the phones are so accurate now that they can detect what floor of a house you are on. Your email is logged and stored in the wondrous cloud. Most likely many conversations on your phone are filed in some data warehouse somewhere. All this information is most likely being collected and analyzed for anything that might be a danger to our national security. But take it a few years out from now. All this data might be analyzed for anything "improper". And you thought you were safe from 1984.
Freedom is a funny thing. I suppose total freedom could be equated to anarchy. But to we really want anarchy? Some people living in the clouds claim that anarchy is the answer but then I have to ask how things are going in Somalia. It's human nature for someone to be a leader and others to be followers. Freedom is some kind of balancing act. You and I both know that we need to have some rules in place have a civil society. It's human nature. It's always been that way. Leaders and followers. It's just human nature. But for those who follow, please don't confuse this with apathy. Apathy is the MOST destructive obstacle to freedom. Please think about the balancing act required for freedom. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. We must NOT allow the scales to tip too far off balance. Oh, I know, you already think that things have tipped over the edge. We've used America up and sold it out. If you feel that way, don't just sit there sulking. Get off your ass and do something about it. I know you've heard it all before and will hear it again but we are a nation of apathy and that my friend is a dangerous thing. Our apathy is quickly paving a nice little path to tyranny.

We are all lemmings being led to the usual path of destruction just like all civilizations before ours. Is it really inevitable? Is the world full of idiots?
Recollections:

Memories of William Cooper yelling on the shortwave telling people to wake up!
Flashbacks of reading old issues of Comedy, Tragedy and Apathy
Memories of shortwave evangelist predicting the end of the world
Flashbacks of the horrific Indian Ocean Tsunami with waves over 100 feet high
Laughing at Harry Shearer’s Le Show
Listening to pirates crackle over the airwaves
Hearing Alan Weiner rant oh about real pirates
Does any of this really matter anyway? We are all doomed.
Doomed to be hit by an asteroid,
Doomed to die in a nuclear winter in the aftermath of a super volcano,
Doomed to be erased by the next ice age,
Doomed to become hordes of zombies as a horrible virus infects our brains.

May I help you? Sir? May I take your order?

Anyway, that's what was going through my mind while I was waiting in line for my Double Whopper with cheese with an extra-large order of fries and a 64 oz. Coke.

# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: 6925u Undercover Radio: EasyPal Digital 0032 UTC 2/25/2013
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 0045 UTC »
Also getting this image:

# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 0046 UTC »
And this:

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 0048 UTC »
And this.

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 0048 UTC »
FYI, for anyone interested, I downloaded EasyPal from this link:

http://www.kc1cs.com/

Software defaults work fine. Just tune to USB.

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 0049 UTC »
And this.

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 0051 UTC »
And this.

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 0054 UTC »
Another.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 0056 UTC by Beerus Maximus »

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 0056 UTC »
Another. I am posting these in real time as I decode them.

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 0058 UTC »
This one (again).

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 0101 UTC »
Another.

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 0102 UTC »
I have to go eat dinner now. No more posts for now. Thanks Undercover!

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 0110 UTC »
Thank Undercover Radio something new to play with. And thanks to  Kilokat7 and  Beerus Maximus for the help in the decode. Was able to decode the last couple of pictures.

Critical Mass +1

This is doctor Benway and I have a terrifying story to relate to you tonight. You know, Timothy Leary said that reality is nothing more than an opinion. In my travels I have met many people; People who by most standards would be considered quite clinically insane. Many of these people didn't think they were insane, it's just that their reality was a bit different than your average person. I make it a point to study only the most bizzare cases possible in order to better understand the human condition. Many accuse me of using my knowledge to use it to my advantage, to manipulate other people or even society in general. I'm not going to verify or deny these accusations because this is not the forum for tonights show. Instead, I'm going to relay the true story of a man who may be the most dangerous and disturbed man in the world today. I believe this man is in control of weapons of mass destruction. He actually has a lab staffed with scientists who are working on his weapons. In fact, I've seen these weapons with my own eyes. A scientist proudly showed me a cache of Strontium-90 dirty bombs that could be launched by any RPG and make an entire city un-inhabitable with deadly radiation for a hundred years. Just as shocking, they showed me their prototype nuclear warheads, perfect spheres of Plutonium 239 that appear to meet critical mass requirements. It is impossible to know whether these weapons would work but they appear to be quite genuine. It is my belief that this man will attempt to use these weapons in an attempt to trigger the end of the world.
The man's name is M Francis Fester and he believes he is God. He is severely mentally ill and must be stopped immediately. He has already amassed an underground legion of followers larger than you might suspect. I'm going to relate the story of M to you to the best of my knowledge and with as many facts as I have. I managed to get quite close to M and learn many of his secrets.

M is a fallen man of the cloth. An excommunicated priest. It all started when he started having doubts about his beliefs. He couldn't sleep. In fact, it had been over a year since he had actually fallen asleep. He would lie in bed all night and at best, he would fall into a twilight conciousness. It got to the point to where he could not tell the difference between sleeping and being awake. As time went on his thoughts became darker and darker. He felt drawn to evil thoughts. The thoughts consumed him and it soon led to his excommunication from the church. Down and out he began to explore the darker side of life. Soon his entire reality seemed like a dream and he started acting out his evil ideas. He spent most of his time in the seediest locations he could find and he especially frequented S&M clubs where he took it a bit too far. He had a secret dungeon in an old burned out building where he would take his victims to be tortured in the most twisted and inhumane ways imaginable. It was perfect. His victims were nameless people who had dropped out of society. No one cared what happened to his victims, even if they disappeared all together.

Over time he went beyond torture to murder. It wasn't your typical murder. He dismembered the bodies of his victims and used the body parts as brushes for his violent bloody canvas masterpieces. To him, it was the highest form of his art.

He hadn't slept in years. Sleep was impossible for him and he was losing touch with reality more every day. Illusions became derision and as the days went by he started to realize that he was more than just a man. He finally came to the realization that he was God.

Nothing could touch him. His dreams became voices in his head. He regarded the voices as prophets. As his ego grew and he became more unstable, M became responsible for horrific mass murders and yet somehow; No one could track him down. No one ever even had a clue.

What can you say about a man who has lost all touch with reality, who believes he is God and that it is his responsibility to destroy the world? Nothing can convince him otherwise. Besides, he already has legions of followers in the church of M. He has all the power anyone could ever need. He must be stopped and he must be stopped soon. I barely escaped with my life when he discovered who I was and I had to make a very quick escape. Someone somewhere must find him and put an end to the madness. Before it's too late.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 0131 UTC by myteaquinn »
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline SingleSideburn

• If I'm A Communist What Are You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 0151 UTC »
"We even have the right to bear arms to defend against a corrupt government. That's a rare thing in a world where many countries are ruled by dictatorships supported by an army that exists to protect the government from its citizen"

Wow, in the United States we have the right to use arms to overthrow the government? And the military's not going to do anything to stop it, because we're a democracy?

Knowledge of the Bill of Rights: zero
Knowledge of history: zero
Familiarity with logic: zero
Understanding of freedom: none
north Alabama, but you're not supposed to know, heh
Drake R8B + horizontal loop