We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Interval Signal relay by "V V V TESTING" 7000 LSB 2306 UTC 17 OCT 2022  (Read 1587 times)

Offline blw

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ian MacFarland.
All logs made from my own SDRs, boatanchors, and antennas
QTH: vicinity of Auburn, Alabama

please eQSL to: slowrollsandloops@gmail.com (thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I am hearing something like this on 6.970 USB now 01:11 UTC

LMAO! The Hamsters are crowding 7000 to shut it down. Radio Australia calliope version of "Waltzing Matilda". This better than a pile up trying to work Heard Island.

Whoever it is, they've made the rank of "Radio Hooligan".

Offline Dr. Strangelove

• DXing Phenomena
  • Northwest Alabama
    • View Profile
    • Email
I can hear a man talking but it's even with the high noise floor tonight.  Tough copy.
R-390a, WJ-8718, Rohde & Schwarz EK07 and EK56, Siemens E311, 51-J4, R8, IC-7610. All reports are from my radios and antennas at my QTH.  Please QSL to morrisgarage770@msn.com   Northwest AL EM64

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
He's gone on a couple of extended talks. The accent sounds like he's one of or neighbors to the north, which is going to tick off the hams who have flooded the FCC offices with demands to have him drawn and quartered.

To the agents who might be looking in, we don't know who or what it is either. Probably some Ham who hit a big football parlay over the weekend and spent part of the money on booze.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
The CW at 0004-0005 UTC was a simple "V V V TESTING"....repeated a few times. I guess that isn't much of an ID! Oh well.....the amateurs aren't going to take kindly to this sort of thing. I am doubtful this was a pirate radio op from 43 meters as they all know enough to stay clear of the ham bands. Most of them anyway! Another bump in the night.  :)

Of course, I'm assuming the CW was the same station as the Interval Signal op. The level on the recording appeared to be identical.

This was a lot of fun!  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 0234 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I'm going with "The Son Of Jimmy The Weasel". Jimmy loved to play with the hams on 40 meters. I guess the kid doesn't have his Dad's singing voice?

Between this and Dickweed's telephone problems, last night was one of the more entertaining Monday evenings in years.