We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Last verssion SDRuno v.1.42 1014 18 Oct 2022  (Read 1864 times)

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Last verssion SDRuno v.1.42 1014 18 Oct 2022
« on: October 18, 2022, 2052 UTC »
     I have good news for owners of older computers with Windows XP or Vista.
The latest version of SDRuno 1.42 1014 works correctly for me, although its authors declare that their program no longer supports older operating systems than Windows 7.
I have not used my SDR-FE-Play receiver (RSP1 clone) installed on a HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop for many months (Core TM2 Duo 1.5GHz RAM 2GB, Vista Home Prem. 32 bit).
In this configuration, it is recommended to install the version for RSP1 and Windows 10.
It was carried out according to the instructions without problems, also for drivers.
The problems started when the receiver was PLAY: the RSP1 identifier disappeared, there was the message "no found ExtIO.exe", there were not all commands in the Main> OPT section, and in particular in Select Input the "SDRplay RSP" selection was missing (there was only WAV file and Soundcard).
As a result, the program reproduced what the microphone heard and not the radio waves through the receiver.
The following message appeared:SDruno has lost communication with the RSP.
SDRuno will need to close. Restart SDRuno to kontinue.
API Error details: init(sdrplay_api Fail) - Tuner1:bridge_Init returned
error 1 (initHw:1942)

It was only on the second evening that I discovered the prosaic cause of the problems - the USB cable between the receiver and the laptop caused a loss of communication and no data from the receiver.
 After replacing the cable with a working one, everything returned to normal - the receiver and all program functions work properly!
The load on the processor (Svs) is high, and with wide reception (Sample Rate above 2 MHz), there is audio stuttering. The reception is pleasant to the ear,softer and less hissing compared to 
the RX-888     controlled by Console v.3.2.
 Despite the lower sensitivity and inferior ADC, it allows you to clearly listen to stations on the S6 level.
 I like SDRuno for its DSP processing and decimation.
 My RSP 1 was connected to the "high" Sky Loop antenna which was recently the reference antenna for the QRM X-Phase Elimnator, but I will write about it in a separate post.
  Good luck in your experiments !!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 2114 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com