We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: BallSmacker Radio 6960 AM 0057 UTC 29 OCT 2022  (Read 1189 times)

Offline General Toad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BallSmacker Radio 6960 AM 0057 UTC 29 OCT 2022
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 0230 UTC »
Listening to ball Smacker radio 6960 a.m. decent signal here in Cincinnati. Pretty standard music. Standard identification. Maybe the goal is to sound like a legitimate licensed station? I don't know back in the day when we did Pirate Radio, sorry to go down memory lane, and I'm an old guy on top of that, we were wild and crazy drunk stoned and did whatever the hell we wanted to because we didn't have a license anyway. Just my opinion I thought it was exciting and we had a pretty good audience. In other words we were different than the legitimate stations. Just my opinion

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 0247 UTC »
Listening conditions were terrible by the end of your broadcast. Thank you for the Friday night broadcast they are appreciated.

Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 0434 UTC »
Pretty good, steady carrier throughout the broadcast via my home receiver with a bit of wire strung along the ceiling toward a window. But no audio ever quite punched through the fairly heavy local RFI. I checked a couple of web SDRs and conditions didn't seem very good Friday evening, although the 40m ham band went long later.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns