We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WTWW the truth  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Jcarrs

• View Profile
WTWW the truth
« on: November 14, 2022, 0008 UTC »
Who wants to know the truth about WTWW?
Scriptures for America is the Radio Ministry of the LaPorte Church of Christ in LaPorte, CO. No more guessing, here is the truth straight from the Real General Manager’s mouth – George McClintock. If you look at the FCC paperwork – George’s name is listed in multiple places on the license. I have known George for about 20 years – so I trust what he told me is true.
Scriptures for America owned the station along with George. According to George, the station was not profitable, so The LaPorte Church of Christ was helping underwrite it. There was a relatively large contract on the table for WTWW to make it more than profitable. George acting on behalf of the Colorado owner’s interest… decided that they had to turn down the offer because it would minister to Africa which goes against Scriptures for America’s core values.
The Southern Poverty Law Center included these excerpts directly from Pastor Peters’ live messages:
Yellow, slant-eyed Jap kids that will further pollute our gene pool
Little fuzzyheaded black kids from the voodoo, devil worshiping nation of Haiti
Homosexuals should be executed
George made the mistake of telling Scriptures for America (in private) that Glenn Hauser is gay. Therefore, Scriptures for America ordered Glenn Hauser’s World of Radio off the air
Jews and Jewish people are from the synagogue of Satan
Black people and Jews have no souls
This created tension between all parties involved. Scriptures for America told George to step in and tell Teds group to turn everything off. Scriptures for America believes in white supremacy. George, Ted, and his group oppose even the thought of white supremacy; they feel they must aggressively spread the Word to everyone. The underlying current of the white supremacy caused a rift inside the CO church. The rift caused problems with the group running the station in TN as well as the General Manger George. According to George, they would rather take the stations off the air, than to minister to South African people. To its core – that is not the CO church’s mission.
Anybody who doubts this truth can read this article:
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2011/07/15/influential-christian-identity-pastor-dies
George has mentioned his fear of these people because members of the congregation, who were involved with the organization The Order, have already murdered Alan Berg – a prominent radio talk show host. This happened after Berg engaged with Pastor Peters in an on-air argument… which is mentioned in this link:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaPorte_Church_of_Christ

one more for thought:
https://aliciapatterson.org/stories/identity-movement-and-its-real-jew-claim

Hoping this sets the truth straight and quells up any rumors

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTWW the truth
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 0241 UTC »
Anybody professing to provide the truth with only one post to their credit is highly suspect in my book.  I smell a sock puppet!

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 0422 UTC »
Anybody professing to provide the truth with only one post to their credit is highly suspect in my book.  I smell a sock puppet!

+-RH

I agree!
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 0458 UTC »
I wondered where Pastor Pete got off to ,after WBCQ cut him loose? He would say anything to stir up trouble.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 1722 UTC »

+-RH

There's plenty here one can take to confirm/debunk as they choose. While this individual is likely grinding an ax, that doesn't make the post true or untrue.

I do know that WTWW did air sermons from a now-deceased white supremacist preacher from the named Laporte church. I know a bit of the story since that's pretty local to me. To what extent any of this has to do with the ownership and now QRT nature of WTWW isn't something I feel compelled to follow up further at this juncture. If anyone else cares, however, they have a duty to themselves (if nobody else) at least to check into the claims.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Kenotic

• Minnesota
  • Remember 7415 Pirates? Anyone? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 2012 UTC »
I only came back recently and dug the oldies at night, fun stuff. I knew almost nothing else about the station, but I assumed they did the "Holler for a Dollar" thing that WRMI/WWCR have done for years.

I'm upset to hear one of the worst crazies on shortwave funding it -- even if just for a bit. At least someone's principles won out in the end -- allegedly of course.

That said, selling ads on shortwave has to be nuts. I imagine you can in very, very specific situations.
Most reception on Eton Executive + YouLoop unless said otherwise

Offline M R I

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 2054 UTC »
It costs too much to run hi power 100KW inefficient transmitters with the power wasteful AM carrier anyway. The minimum for US shortwave is around 50KW for AM intended for international broadcasting. Other countries have a much lower minimum power requirement.
Mix.Radio.International [at] ProtonMail [dot] com

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 2059 UTC »
It costs too much to run hi power 100KW inefficient transmitters with the power wasteful AM carrier anyway. The minimum for US shortwave is around 50KW for AM intended for international broadcasting. Other countries have a much lower minimum power requirement.

Your assuming that these stations are running at full power.  I've been to several shortwave broadcast facilities over the past decade, and not one was running at more than 50 percent power.  I get it, power is expensive.  Also, parts for most of these transmitters are either expensive, unavailable, or have long lead times.  We are not living in the 1950s either.  Modern transmitters with solid state modulators approach 80 percent ac to rf efficiency.  It does get expensive if your are running 24/7 operation though.  Few stations are doing such.

+-RH

Offline M R I

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 0036 UTC »
I agree with you.

I am not assuming anything. The power they were using was not enough to stay on the air anyway. A watt is a watt of electric input power. It all makes the electric power meter move.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 0132 UTC »
From what I heard, the church was picking up the tab on the power bill.  The underwriting they had likely wouldn't have covered the power at several hours a day anyway.  I guess we'll see what happens, if anything once the dust settles.

+-RH

Offline M R I

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 0948 UTC »
I wonder if another religious organization would sponsor them for airtime or if Allan Weiner is interested in buying them.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns