We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Association Amici di Italcable 15000 kHz 1110 UTC 24 March 2013  (Read 2412 times)

Offline curious george

• View Profile
    • Email
Since 1100 UTC or so, I'm hearing something on 15000 kHz which is puzzling me.  Just before the top of the minute, I hear 5 short pips, then one long one, followed by a voice announcement that I can't copy.  Right after that I hear "muzak", or some instrumental music.  This music seems to stop just before the pips, and has continued with this pattern for the past 20 minutes or so.

I hear this on the Syracuse remote radio also, so I don't think it's a local image or mixing product.

Anyone else hear this, or know what this is?  (It's been a very long time that I DXed a time signal station).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 1307 UTC by curious george »

Offline curious george

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNID 15000 kHz 1110 UTC 24 March 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 1307 UTC »
I later found out that this is Association Amici di Italcable with 900 watts.  There are some YouTube clips which are exactly what I heard.

Offline refmo

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Northeast Kentucky
    • View Profile
nice catch!
Northeast Kentucky
Please eQSL to refmo[at]outlook[dot]com
Radios: Afedri AFE822x, Airspy HF+, RX-888, RSPdx, Tecsun PL880
Antennas: 700' Loop Skywire, Wellbrook ALA1530LN Loop, 400' Beverage, 34' Vertical, low dipoles on upper bands.