We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 15 Meter AM  (Read 854 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
15 Meter AM
« on: December 29, 2022, 1602 UTC »
1600 UTC - Hearing CT1EHI (Portugal) working W0RPR (Minnesota) on 21.452 Mhz.  The Portugal station was S9 in WNY but conditions changed and both stations are in the noise.
1607 UTC - CT1EHI is still on frequency but in and out of the noise.
1608 UTC - KN9K (Arizona) now working CT1EHI.
1624 UTC - CT1EHI signal came back up now S7-S9 in WNY.
1631 UTC - Signal is gone.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 1630 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: 15 Meter AM? And, AM Rally for 2/2023?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 1939 UTC »
Huh.. Speaking of AM, looks like the AM Rally is earlier this year, just after GHD:   http://www.amrally.com/  Hopefully, 20M, on up, will be rockinī this year. Question is, can they ever get anyone to agree on a 2M AM FREQ? I havenīt heard anything about W1AW doing the event, yet. And, anyone got word on that Heavy Metal AM Rally. Those are fun, if you can catch when they are.   
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 15 Meter AM
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 2255 UTC »
2215 UTC - Heard station WB5IRI in Texas working the east coast today on 21.420 AM.  He had a solid S9 signal and good AM audio from his IC-7610. Waited my turn and worked him with my 25 watt carrier. He gave me an S8 signal report, had a good QSO until the band dropped out.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com