We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 17425 UNID wide band DIGI signal 22:30 UTC DEC 4 2022  (Read 1190 times)

Offline UtilitySeattle

• Snohomish County Washington USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
17425 UNID wide band DIGI signal 22:30 UTC DEC 4 2022
« on: December 04, 2022, 2246 UTC »
4k Wide. Can't seem to find something that looks like it on the wiki. Have a look and listen. Wonder if it's the HFT again.

https://prnt.sc/6aYWAgIsYRyn

https://voca.ro/16hifEaQ4Vse
SDRPlay RSP-2 pro  G5RV Snohomish County Washington USA CN87

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 17425 UNID wide band DIGI signal 22:30 UTC DEC 4 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 2217 UTC »
If you search this forum or my YouTube channel for "MFSK Oddity" you will find discussions on this signal.  This is a signal I call the MFSK Oddity in my logs, it has been active for a couple years+ on a variety of frequencies.  It has several different widths, speeds, and formats.

Short story is, I am almost certain it is HFT, specifically a company called 10Band LLC with a couple of different experimental callsigns / licenses.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 0547 UTC »
When Clinton was in office, this was one of the frequencies used when the First Lady was in flight.

Offline UtilitySeattle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 2219 UTC »
If you search this forum or my YouTube channel for "MFSK Oddity" you will find discussions on this signal.  This is a signal I call the MFSK Oddity in my logs, it has been active for a couple years+ on a variety of frequencies.  It has several different widths, speeds, and formats.

Short story is, I am almost certain it is HFT, specifically a company called 10Band LLC with a couple of different experimental callsigns / licenses.

T!

I really do need to check out your YT channel before asking on the forum  :) I do enjoy your regular uploads. If no one said it lately you are a true treasure of the hobby.

Offline UtilitySeattle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 2219 UTC »
When Clinton was in office, this was one of the frequencies used when the First Lady was in flight.

That's one I didn't know! History is cool.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns