We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Re: Numbers 6955 AM 2008 utc 5 Dec 2022  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Numbers 6955 AM 2008 utc 5 Dec 2022
« on: December 06, 2022, 0459 UTC »
heard similar on 6954 usb at 2040 utc. Five digit groups, repeated each group. off at 2041. Someone playing their old #'s tape collection?

PA sdr

There were a lot of people obsessed with those things back in the day. Murphy and I did ours due to people going goofy about "The DaVinci Code" that summer. I had a book on Secret Societies by the Afghani scholar Idris Shah under the name Arkon Daraul. Shah had a chapter on a bugaboo of the Catholic Church in the 18th & 19th century and "New World Order" believing ultra-Conservatives worldwide from the same era to the turn of this century, known as the Illuminati, specifically a Masonic chapter in Bavaria in the late 18th century known as the Bavarian Illuminati. Shah's book contained the number code of the Bavarian Illuminati. Big fun to be had with this thought I. I offered it to Alan Maxwell of KIPM, as his station operated around and on the premise of an Illuminati, but he turned it down. I approached Pat Murphy, he thought it was the bee's knee's and that we were far enough apart we could send it to each other like a radio net. It was on. 

Conditions that summer were pure crap, high static, low sunspots, you name it and on top of that we were using a couple of identical 10  watt or so Grenade transmitters,not exactly the strapping AM xmitters you'd want to get out under those conditions, but get out they did. Boy, did they get out.

We hadn't counted on this fairly new thing called "the Internet"? Al Gore had just invented it a couple of years before. ;) People were talking about the transmissions worldwide on the web inside of a couple of days. It was a simple code, so it was easy to break, and all inside jokes about people in the pirate community. Tire pressure jokes, friends of Commander Bunny getting "special carrots" from Capt. Ganja, Al Fansome who may or may not have been Chris Smolinski depending on what rumor mill you got your info from, even though Al Fansome was an alias at a residential hall at CalTech going back to the early 1950's, way before Chris was born. I was Commander Bunny and so was Pat. No one knew who the real Commander Bunny was,it was part of an Easter show that Pat had found at a yard sale for under a buck. The thing just blew up.

I called it quits after a couple more transmissions. Fansome hung out in the WUNCHAT chatrooms and started getting all sorts of weird emails about how he was being targeted by an old and nefarious organization. It just wasn't worth it. Pat became "Commander Bunny" year round instead of just on Easter and a t-shirt and bumper sticker tycoon. I returned to being Pigmeat Martin, King of All Pirate Broadcasters, Fansome became the Pirate Radio God, Risen From The Grave, and Smolinski has made an Elon Musk like fortune off this board, just ask him.

Mod's put this one where it fit's best.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 0504 UTC by Pigmeat »

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Numbers 6955 AM 2008 utc 5 Dec 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 0345 UTC »
This is the quality piratical content I came back for.

Sic semper lagomorpha.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 1718 UTC »
You've got to give the people what they want, Zoidberg. The easiest station I ever did was Radio Al Fansome. Al would send out those running rabbit target qsl's by mail while I was wrapping the show. 

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 1735 UTC »
BTW,do you remember the "Mexican Food Group", stations? It sounded like the menu from a Taco Wagon rearranged into phonetic messages. I think there were a couple of guys doing those?

Offline Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 1809 UTC »
Tacos, Tacos, Beans, Guac, Guac, Tortilla, Cheese, Cheese, Tacos,Salsa, Salsa, Tortilla, Tortilla, Beans, Beans - Read in Spanish lady voice of course!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 1815 UTC by Grinch »

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 0138 UTC »
You returned to being Pigmeat Martian again? I knew it!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 0300 UTC »
Just my teeth are green.