We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Strömsö and relay Texas Shortwave - 2 eQSL's and emails  (Read 199 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
https://imgur.com/a/015pVZA
https://imgur.com/a/5MVuaB0

1. Radio Strömsö
Thank you for your report!

Radio Strömsö is a SDXL club programme relayed by Texas Radio Shortwave, and edited by DJs Tricky Trev and Heppu Hyypiö from Scandinavian Weekend Radio.
Finnish DX Association (SDXL) is the largest Finnish DX club with history going back to year 1958. We publish a magazine Radiomaailma (Radio World) and we have a web site at www.sdxl.fi. During the boom days in 1970s-1980s we had more than 2000 members in a country of 5 million. Today the club has almost 500 members.
DX club radio programmes used to be a regular feature in 1950s,1960s, when various stations around the globe did broadcast special broadcasts. This kind of activity was common especially in Sweden, but also Finnish clubs did organise such broadcasts from Spanish stations, Rome, Prague, HCJB, Tangier, even from Radio Australia. In 1960s the only English language show from Radio Finland was DX Mailbag, produced by Finlands DX Club.

Attached is your eQSL. We wish you a peaceful Yule and a happy New Year!
SDXL / Radio Strömsö

2. Texas Shortwave Radio
Thanks for letting me know you listened to Radio Stromso today.

Although you didn’t ask for one, here’s a TRSW Sand Castles eQSL for your trouble.  This is from our cache of never-before-used verifications.  Only a few will be issued to folks who send us a report or copy us on one they sent directly to Radio Stromso.

I’ll see if I can add a few similar shows for 2023.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns