We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WBCQ-Hobby Broadcasting Radio Andrew Yoder #2 5130 AM 0400 UTC 16 DEC 2022  (Read 668 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
0400 UTC YL with statement on "hobby broadcasting", followed by YL with tonights program details
0402 UTC Interview with Chris Lobdell
(Nice solid signal this evening.....S9 with some light fades)
0417 UTC End of Part 1 of the interview with Chris Lobdell, followed by YL with email address for reception reports
0419 UTC OM with mention of next show on January 19th, 2023. Followed by Part 2 of the show with Chris Lobdell
0436 UTC YL asking for recordings from pirate ops to info@hobbybroadcasting.com
0438 UTC PSA for NASWA and Spectrum Monitor
0439 UTC Interview with James Brownyard of WHYP
0457 UTC Old recording of "DX Survivor"
0459 UTC YL with "This has been a production of Hobby Broadcasting" followed by YL with WBCQ ID

Thanks for another interesting show Andrew! Looking forward to the next one!  8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 0502 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Nothing but S7 noise for me on those bands and have to listen via a Kiwi SDR.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 0420 UTC by ~SIGINT~ »

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
S9+10 with the AB1KW KiwiSDR in Concord, NH KiwiSDR.

0400 UTC-WBCQ Radio Angela and Hobby Broadcasting Radio identifications then start of interview with Chris Lobdell
0417 UTC-End of part of 1, email and postal address
0419 UTC-Beginning of part two of the interview
0437 UTC-info@hobbybroadcasting.com for sending studio recordings or high-quality off air recordings of pirates, PSA for NASWA and the Spectrum Monitor
0438 UTC-Interview with James Brownyard of WHYP
0457 UTC-PSA for “DX Survivor”
0459 UTC-Hobby Broadcasting Radio and WBCQ identifications
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 0500 UTC by Shortwave_Listener »
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I had the laptop on and one of Chris's SDR's picked out and ready to go and slept right through it. Damn, I'm old.

If only the original James Brownyard chanting and a few bars of "Chatanooga Shoe Shine Boy" had been played, I'd have been wide awake.

Maxwells Daemon

Enjoyed the program in the midst of a blizzard.   Copy got a rough for awhile when a strong snow squall triggered static and powerline noise, but otherwise the signal was OK.   Lots of history discussed.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
I had the laptop on and one of Chris's SDR's picked out and ready to go and slept right through it. Damn, I'm old.

If only the original James Brownyard chanting and a few bars of "Chatanooga Shoe Shine Boy" had been played, I'd have been wide awake.

I recorded the show for my archives and here is the link if you want to listen....very good reception last night!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MTJNfMqt_2AGZ2aaeAiCxuESf553kBDO/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 2031 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Reception was poor here last evening. Had some audio, but it was in & out. This frequency isn't all that great here, some nights its fine, some nights not at all, most are somewhere in between.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Skeezix, it reminds me of a winter in the first decade of the century when the bands went dead at dark. WBCQ had just started using 5110 then and was trying to sell time. One problem, the signal wasn't going farther than the Northeast and the Maritime Provinces of Canada. The only buyer if I remember correctly was Brother Stair? The rest of the programming was the usual WBCQ gang who rode for free. I wasn't going to pay 50 dollars to not be able to be heard in areas I had an audience with my low powered Grenade I paid a princely 130 bucks for and could run earlier in the day when the propagation was better. My answer to WBCQ was "Let me call you back".

Skip, thanks for the recording, I'll listen to it at my leisure, and for free.   

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns