We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SolarHam Website Issue 16 DEC 2022  (Read 974 times)

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
SolarHam Website Issue 16 DEC 2022
« on: December 22, 2022, 1446 UTC »
SolarHam a Space Weather and Aurora website run by Amateur (Ham) Radio Station VE3EN.

Initial:
16 DEC 2022 - (1) Please be advised that my website domain server appears to have been hacked and the domain solarham.net is periodically redirecting to spam websites. Technical support is in the process of fixing this issue and additional protection and monitoring is being added. Some website outages or alerts about my websites security certificate may take place over the next 24 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

(2) Please be advised that the website is currently down and will remain down for some time until the ongoing security issue is fully resolved. I do not know when it will be back up, but hopefully today at some point.

Updates:
21 DEC 2022 - Without getting into too much detail, it appears that the redirect issue is more widespread and not directly related to a hack attempt on the SolarHam website itself. The incident remains under investigation and progress does appear to being made. I am hoping that the site will be back online by the end of the week.

Again thank you everybody for your patience.

- Kevin (SolarHam)

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: SolarHam Website Issue 16 DEC 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 0031 UTC »
01:33 UTC 23 DEC 2022 - It appears that the site is now back on-line.

After one full week, the SolarHam website is finally back online. This past week was quite the ordeal but it looks like things are finally getting back to normal. I would like to thank everybody for your patience and support during the security incident.

22:39 UTC 22 DEC 2022

The SolarHam website is currently in the process of being brought back online . A number of people have been testing the site with no issues reported which is a great sign. Once all of the archived data is on the server I will need to make sure that everything is working okay before full access is restored. Another update will be provided during the next few days.

Thank you all again for your patience and support!