We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Merry Christmas, all my old friends...!  (Read 905 times)

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Merry Christmas, all my old friends...!
« on: December 26, 2022, 0225 UTC »
It would appear that I have been long asleep, but I was merely very much awake, someplace else! 

Glad to see old friends Captain Morgan, Outhouse Radio and Radio Free Whatever active in the Christmas loggings!  (I did not search further back today, sorry if I missed anyone... )

Please take care, amigos--- although the current weather would seem to give some comfort for safer operations, LOL!   It will be cleaned up soon...

It took my 2 days to dig myself out-- and my car is covered with snow again already--- but in Michigan, it appears to finally be over!
sorry for anyone on the east coast-- especially in western New York.... winter sucks!

Anyway, I am still alive and well--- and thanks to Chris, logged in again here--- although I have been lurking all that time, somehow my computer decided to lose my login creds, and it had been so long I could not remember my own username correctly!   LOL   (the "space" between John and Poet screwed me up, lol)

I will begin again commenting upon some other matters I see going on here now, and paying more attention

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Kwanza, winter solstice, whatever you want to call it-- or nothing at all--
I believe in religious freedom-- and freedom from religion, if that is your preference...

And I still believe in 'The Crystal Ship'!---   the very small 'claim to fame' of my own life!
(Last night I amused myself by listening to some of my own old shows, in particular the 60s "Flower Power" and the "Bubblegum Express" show, which was created for a Christmas Day show for 2013 or 14 ??   Anyway, Christmas is candy, yes?

Love you all!

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Merry Christmas, all my old friends...!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 0514 UTC »
Good to see you again JP! I figured the Crystal Ship had run a shoal and abandoned to the mercy of the elements. I agree with you 100%....winter sucks! I hope all is well and that you had a Merry Christmas!  8)
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 1503 UTC »
Great to see you back Poet & Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 1512 UTC by Sealord »
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 0004 UTC »
Welcome back and Merry Christmas. I still have a couple of your TCS t-shirts.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 0125 UTC »
Ah! Another veteran of the Wabbit Wars. How are you doing? I can remember when Pat thought you were the Evil Radio Bob back for revenge? I told him, "That guy doesn't sound like he's from Georgia?", but he wasn't buying it. Even JTA posted on the FRN, "Pat, not everyone is Radio Bob." He even thought young Outhouse was Radio Bob, and that was after Bob had gone to his grave.

Fansome passed on last May, much too young. But he outlived Murphy by two years. I hear from the Widder Fansome occasionally, she bought Shady Acres and is installing a shrine to Al.

Don't be a stranger.

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 0202 UTC »
Merry holidays and happy next year, JP. I only recently got back to listening after being away since 2015 or so. I had to dig out my seekrit ziplock bag of post-its with logins for stuff dating back to the 1990s. Because I'm all about hi-tech security.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Zane

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • hearing the negative waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 1741 UTC »
Good to see you again JP and happy (belated) holidays. Your shows were some of my first loggings back in the FRN days. Good to see you're doing well.

Z
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 0036 UTC by Zane »
Chicagoland
Palstar R30CC / Sherwood SE-3 MK IV / pa0rdt Mini-Whip / Gone Long Engineering remote resonant loop / Fansome approved

QSL to zaneradio@comcast.net