We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WPHT 1210 AM (Philadelphia) Rose Bowl Utah/Penn State 2153 utc 2 Jan 2023  (Read 581 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Very good reception.  Rose Bowl coverage from a Class A station on the Penn State Radio network.  Only about 200 miles from me but the Rose Bowl is being heard up and down the east coast I'm thinking.  WE ARE........ (Yes, I am  ;D)

2153 Pre-game analysis, weather (cool)
2157 Analysis of University of Utah players, performances in PAC-10 championship game
2201 Analysis of Penn State starters
2204 Penn State Athletic Partners thank you
2206 B-1 Bombers buzz the stadium
2209 Penn State takes the field wearing their white jerseys
2111 "Penn State will receive and go left to right....."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 2214 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Oh, for the days when George Paterno did the color commentary and all the bad calls against PSU were made by blind officials who went to Pitt and Syracuse. Oddly, he seemed to ignore the fact that the laws of physics went out the window for teams visiting Beaver Stadium? I think "The Moving End Zone" is one of the major things that put Bear Bryant in his grave.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Penn State held up their end of the Big 10 banner this bowl season in Fansome Town. What stunt did the gang
from Cal Tech pull off for this edition of the Rose Bowl?

God, I miss Eastern Football. Even the Temple Owls. A WVU linebacker's Grandma got mugged in a bathroom at the Vet when the family drove over from New Jersey to watch him play. The kid's response? "That's Philly."

Temple was booted from the Big East the next year for lack of people in the seats. They averaged a healthy 7k in the seats at the Vet. The crime at Temple happened inside and outside the old basketball dump called McGonigal Hall. If the thieves didn't get you walking to the game, they were going to get you inside where they wore striped shirts and called the game. What a place!

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns