Technical Topics > SDR - Software Defined Radio

Kiwi SDR software tuning aside of the pointed frequency

(1/2) > >>

Ray Lalleu:
When using the pointer on WF to change frequency,
if the mode is USB or LSB,
then the soft tunes aside, 1.5 kHz away from the pointed frequency, grrrrr....

Kiwi SDR is a receiver, not a TX designed for the 60m ham channels !

Pigmeat:
A lot of them direct you to the 80 or 40 meter band. Some stick you on a time frequency. The simplest thing to do is type in the frequency
you want in the display and go from there. Going to AM is easy, just scroll to the box that says "AM" and you'll get a choice of "narrow", "wide", and a regular bandwidth. All you have to do is click on the box. SAM is I think Synchronous AM.(I never read directions) It lets you you choose from which side of the signal is best on a crowded band. You can go to the upper or lower sideband of the signal while it injects a carrier to give you an AM sounding signal, like God intended.

It's not hard, go to one and fool around, you'll get the hang of it no time.   

Ray Lalleu:

--- Quote from: Pigmeat on January 04, 2023, 2154 UTC ---A lot of them direct you to the 80 or 40 meter band. Some stick you on a time frequency. The simplest thing to do is type in the frequency
you want in the display and go from there. Going to AM is easy, just scroll to the box that says "AM" and you'll get a choice of "narrow", "wide", and a regular bandwidth. All you have to do is click on the box. SAM is I think Synchronous AM.(I never read directions) It lets you you choose from which side of the signal is best on a crowded band. You can go to the upper or lower sideband of the signal while it injects a carrier to give you an AM sounding signal, like God intended.

It's not hard, go to one and fool around, you'll get the hang of it no time.   

--- End quote ---

Yep, I uderstand all that. But often, to escape the splashes, I have to go to USB or LSB.
I even use SAM with the sideband selection, SAU or SAL. Alas, in those modes, all too often, the sync is lost, and the audio is mashed. And when I see a carrier on the waterfall, I can't tell its exact frequency, I point on it, and the software tunes 1.5 kHz aside ! Then I have to make the panel come back, but it covers about 40 percent of the waterfall range on my small screen !

Shortwave_Listener:
The way I avoid that is by tuning in AM mode then switching to the one I am going to listen in.

Pigmeat:

--- Quote from: Shortwave_Listener on January 05, 2023, 0028 UTC ---The way I avoid that is by tuning in AM mode then switching to the one I am going to listen in.

--- End quote ---

Yep, I do, too. Turning the magnification up on the waterfall is a big help, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version