We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Re: UNID 6970 AM 0220 UTC 9 JAN 23  (Read 422 times)

Offline TheHappyWanker

• DX Legend
  • W PA & OTR
  • After 25 yrs I find myself back to Pirate Radio???
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNID 6970 AM 0220 UTC 9 JAN 23
« on: January 09, 2023, 0252 UTC »
NO Toads Pork Chop just KC and beers. No auditory hallucinations with that! LOL Got a recording running.
Only thing is see listed is China on that freq. and its not Dink! LOL .
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 1030 UTC by TheHappyWanker »
IC-7300,2 R-390A, SP600, SX 62A, SX71, NC173, Antennas: Butternut HF9V, 2 EFHW 80-10 120' 1 N/S 1 E/W, EFWH 40-10, 62' E/W, RX LOOP (.5-30) with Rotor.  RSPdx & Duo Rice Box used when traveling with Chinese loop. If so desired a EQSL can go to TheHappyWanker@Gmail. Thx "Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you..." MX ID is my Old Ears and Memory. If I cant copy here it isn't DX! The Web Stuff isn't DX... OK its remote DX via the Electronic Ether...LOL All The gig DARPA brought us...

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: UNID 6970 AM 0220 UTC 9 JAN 23
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 0313 UTC »
If you ever get to Kinston, NC. there is a place called "Wilber's BBQ". Legend has it that the founder, Wilber Shirley, wore a pork chop around his neck until he was eight years old. Nearby is Seymour Johnson AFB (What a name!) where a bomber lost a nuke taking off over the swamps. They've never found it. There's a huge area that's fenced off around where it's thought to have came down. It's became an impromptu refuge for black bears and the rare Carolina dog.