We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Re: B-Side Radio 6935 AM 0032 UTC 8 JAN 2023  (Read 561 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: B-Side Radio 6935 AM 0032 UTC 8 JAN 2023
« on: January 08, 2023, 0221 UTC »
Thanks for playing that old Jim Carroll song, Bud. Jim was quite the guy, all NYC Catholic League Basketball player and a member of Andy Warhol's Factory scene at the same time, wrote the autobiographical and acclaimed book "The Basketball Diaries" about his descent into drug addiction. Patti Smith talked him into cutting the album, "All The People Who Died" was on, "Catholic Boy." "The Basketball Diaries" was made into a movie starring Leonardo diCaprio as Jim, it wasn't much.

Carroll died early in this century.

Offline zambo

• 43.6° N, 116° W
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: B-Side Radio 6935 AM 0032 UTC 8 JAN 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 0243 UTC »
the album, "All The People Who Died" was on, "Catholic Boy."

"People Who Died" from the album "Catholic Boy".
RDR52, LNPro Imperium

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Re: B-Side Radio 6935 AM 0032 UTC 8 JAN 2023
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 0118 UTC »
the album, "All The People Who Died" was on, "Catholic Boy."

"People Who Died" from the album "Catholic Boy".

That's what I wrote. Don't they teach reading comprehension out in Tater-Land? I was around and chasing women in bars when "Catholic Boy" was released and purchased it soon after.

Everything is East Coast-centric because that's where the people are. You don't create art and music for cows and squirrels.

Now leave me alone. I've got enough trouble keeping the rest of these guy's on the straight and narrow without Al Fansome around to help out. He left California for the East Coast to get some culture and never looked back until he passed on recently. He could bother
me as he was qualified, being a genius from Cal Tech. He was a bonafide expert on whaling, flying penguins, fainting goats and a demi-god with a huge following.