We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Ukraine Uses Off-The-Shelf Electronics To Target Russian Communications  (Read 1147 times)

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I read that article when it came out and chuckled. The guys at Forbes must be Sirius men.   

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
The 500th new Russian commander in the Ukraine issued orders for troops to give up their phones and tablets. I guess they're finally catching on?

He wants them to clean shaven, too, which could be ominous. You have to be clean shaven for gas masks to fit properly. The Russians had no problem helping their Syrian allies drop makeshift poison gas bombs from helicopters during the siege of Aleppo during that country's Civil War.

Bashar Assad would be content to rule over a pile of rocks and corpses. He was the Moscow Midget's protege when the former was assigned to Soviet Embassies in Beirut and Damascus. Putin bailed his boy out when things got bad early in the 2010's. Bird's of a feather.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Good luck taking down a dji drone with himars or mortars and I doubt they can see the drone operator who is likely in a ditch somewhere safe. Better to use a drone zapper gun, they have a high gain log-yag antenna and fire wifi and gps noise at a drone so it drops to the ground in confusion, just have to know where they are first. They look like the guns in starship troopers.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Good luck taking down a dji drone with himars or mortars and I doubt they can see the drone operator who is likely in a ditch somewhere safe. Better to use a drone zapper gun, they have a high gain log-yag antenna and fire wifi and gps noise at a drone so it drops to the ground in confusion, just have to know where they are first. They look like the guns in starship troopers.

I saw a pic of two Ukrainian soldiers with those things the other day. They looked like shoulder mounted leaf blowers.