We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Today, January 20th is "Penguin Awareness Day"  (Read 995 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Today, January 20th is "Penguin Awareness Day"
« on: January 21, 2023, 0038 UTC »
They'll be migrating back north in a couple of months. Beware of low fliers and stay away from bodies of water, they can propel themselves at hypersonic speeds onto land. Be careful and beware.

This has been a public service announcement from FANCO Industries, Refiners of Whale Oil for Lighting and Lubrication for over Two Hundred and Fifty years. Look for the Penguin on the containers. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 0040 UTC by Pigmeat »

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
Re: Today, January 20th was "Penguin Awareness Day"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 0040 UTC »
They'll be migrating back north in a couple of months. Beware of low fliers and stay away from bodies of water, they can propel themselves at hypersonic speeds onto land. Be careful and beware.

This has been a public service announcement from FANCO Industries, Refiners of Whale Oil for Lighting and Lubrication for over Two Hundred and Fifty years. Look for the Penguin on the containers.

HAPPY DJ DAY, YEAH MAN  https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-disc-jockey-day-january-20/

Nice combination of two days in one  ;D
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Today, January 20th is "Penguin Awareness Day"
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 0110 UTC »
Of course it is. Fansome  and I were two of the happiest DJ's alive aboard the whaler "Belinda", powering the generator with whale oil, that fed our 200 gigawatt transmitter, out on the high sea's. We blasted the penguin flocks as we rounded the Horn w/ Go-Go's tunes. Some people blamed us for the hole in the ozone layer, but that was the fault of those damned penguins taking off in great waves disturbing the upper atmosphere.

Whaling is an easy business these days. They swim up on the beaches, waiting to be harpooned. Luckily, we patented a method for tagging our whales before they beach. We've got a family by the name of Ahab, who are champion whale rider's. They tag them right behind the blow-hole, with a surgical steel spike, stamped "Property of FANCO". Haven't lost one to salvagers or do-gooder's since.

Offline Zane

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • hearing the negative waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 1748 UTC »
Of course it is. Fansome  and I were two of the happiest DJ's alive aboard the whaler "Belinda", powering the generator with whale oil, that fed our 200 gigawatt transmitter, out on the high sea's. We blasted the penguin flocks as we rounded the Horn w/ Go-Go's tunes. Some people blamed us for the hole in the ozone layer, but that was the fault of those damned penguins taking off in great waves disturbing the upper atmosphere.

As receiver of all negative waves, I got a message from Fansome saying that the Belinda has been recommissioned in the hereafter. However, he has been harassed several times by a skiff containing Beans, Mosby, Thumper and Bouncer all ranting about the coming rodent revolution. He's hoping the penguins will return and provide some air cover.

Z
Chicagoland
Palstar R30CC / Sherwood SE-3 MK IV / pa0rdt Mini-Whip / Gone Long Engineering remote resonant loop / Fansome approved

QSL to zaneradio@comcast.net

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 1751 UTC »
As receiver of all negative waves, I got a message from Fansome saying that the Belinda has been recommissioned in the hereafter. However, he has been harassed several times by a skiff containing Beans, Mosby, Thumper and Bouncer all ranting about the coming rodent revolution. He's hoping the penguins will return and provide some air cover.

Z

Lol!
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 0153 UTC »

Z

Lol!

He'll blast them with the water cannons we used to wash the whale offal over the side. You can't Mosby away from a water cannon in a skiff.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns