We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Indy Radio 6931 AM general JAN 2023  (Read 139 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Indy Radio 6931 AM general JAN 2023
« on: January 27, 2023, 1506 UTC »
They start to pick up here around 22:00 UTC, Ray, and are best from 0:00 to 3:00 UTC. They're never overwhelming. I check a SDR in Sardinia and another in the Canary Islands to confirm it's them. Both usually have good signals from Indy. The one in Sardinia is the only Kiwi on the island and the one on Fuerteventura in the Canaries is the only Kiwi on that island.

The one in Sardinia has been on and off for the past couple of weeks. I don't know if they're having technical problems or the guy didn't pay his power bill?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 1550 UTC by Ray Lalleu »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Indy Radio 6931 AM general JAN 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 0043 UTC »
Northern Poland? I suspect you might have a little Sorbian in your vocabulary along with those other languages? A man has to know a few words his neighbors speak to tell them to quit making so much noise.

If you're still awake check for Indy Radio on the Sardinian Kiwi SDR. It's the only one on the island. Go to the HFU Wiki, scroll down to Kiwi SDR's and look for the map link. Another good one for Indy is the Kiwi on Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. This one is easy to get to on the map, the Canaries are in the middle of the ocean off N.W. Africa. The island with the dot closest to the mainland is the one you want.

It's an easy way to confirm what you're hearing at home.