We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Using RSP1 for FM broadcast DX  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Grinch

• View Profile
Using RSP1 for FM broadcast DX
« on: January 31, 2023, 1534 UTC »
I was wondering what you guys thought about using a RSP1 for FM broadcast DX? I just got one and it doesn't seem that great for FM broadcast so far, but I know very little about the filtering settings etc on SDRuno to make it better. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Grinch

• View Profile
Re: Using RSP1 for FM broadcast DX
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 1147 UTC »
I just want to know if the RSP1 has potential to be a decent receiver for FM broadcast DX or if I should get another receiver if I'm going to pursue FM dxing and get a directional antenna for it. Thanks

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 1953 UTC »
I can't reply about the RSP1,
but remind you about the important factors for dxing :

1. Propagation and signal

2. Site and antenna

3. Receiver

So, even if you had to change of RX later, already get an antenna above your roof, even a non directional or fixed one. A mid term is to use a 3 element Yagi oriented to your favorite area, or against the strongest local station.
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
***** Mes pages OEM sont bloquées par "le club", alors pour les recevoir, joignez-moi par les autres membres ****

Offline Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 1809 UTC »
Thanks for the reply and advice.