We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: utwente RX: Voice of Vietnam in English, 11885 kHz, 20 FEB 2023, 1900 UTC  (Read 271 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
I had been on uTwente double checking that a faint signal I heard was or wasn't Zanzibar on 11735 (it wasn't, it was BBC in Pashto via Kranji - I really miss Zanzibar, which is still listed as active but I sincerely doubt is true). After BBC signed off I saw this big signal (it's local rx quality at uTwente SDR) and found it's VOV in English. News of Vietnamese rescue workers in Turkey being recognized. (Side note, the internet tells me they were just hit with a 6.3 magnitude earthquake earlier today - nothing mentioned in this news, which I assume is prerecorded.) Tx from Hanoi.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
Funny you post this, I am trying to hear it direct now! I had a strong signal direct yesterday but I made the stupid decision to try today to hear the whole program. Well today I have almost no signal  >:( I have been trying to hear this with a good signal since the summer.
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Funny you post this, I am trying to hear it direct now! I had a strong signal direct yesterday but I made the stupid decision to try today to hear the whole program. Well today I have almost no signal  >:( I have been trying to hear this with a good signal since the summer.

Looking back at last years a22 eibi (I keep those for reference when I have questions like this) it appears that they keep this broadcast year-round, regardless of the change in seasons, so it would be interesting to see if reception improves as winter moves into spring and summer, or not.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns