We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 26.485 data signal  (Read 3121 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
26.485 data signal
« on: May 07, 2013, 2100 UTC »
I hear it (26485) when the band is open, especially to Mexico/Latin America.  Only in LSB and CW mode.  There's similar activity around 27.650 MHz. 

27.650 is almost always there.  Was wondering if anybody else on the east coast of the U.S. (or anywhere really) could also hear these signals.

I'm interested in what military/government use of the 25-28 is still in existence, even the proliferation of export radios to the point of every 5-10 kHz from 26.5 to 28 has signals on it during a good band opening.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

cmradio

Re: 26.485 data signal
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 2209 UTC »
There was a crapload of 27.5-28 MHz digital voice modes during the Vancouver Olympics up here in BC... our govts. still uses them. Don't know what department though.

There were several unmarked buses with no (or blacked out) windows in my neighbourhood with US Govt. plates one time the wide band signals pinned my E5 to the wall :o

Peace!

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 1523 UTC »
Could it have been some sort of jamming system? 

I could see IEDs and other remote-control bombs using the 26-28 MHz band, considering how many R/C frequency allocations there are there (and in the 29MHz, 30MHz, 31MHz, 35MHz and other "high-HF" and "low-VHF" bands).
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

cmradio

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 0415 UTC »
Comms monitoring maybe? One bus must've had a hundred antennas on it from planar cm bands to bigass HF whips.

Peace!

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns