We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID Asian USB, prob. fishermen -- 8792, 8755, 9110 & 9260 khz., 0620z 5/26  (Read 1601 times)

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
Last night was tuning around on the DX-398 and heard some Asian dudes chatting away on several SW frequencies.  The talk sounded informal, and the signals were naturally pretty weak in grainy, noisy conditions.  Logged these convo's between 0619 and 0632 UTC.  All USB.

8792 khz. -- Two guys talking in what sounded like poss. Korean or maybe Chinese.
9110 khz. -- Two guys talking def. Chinese.
9260 khz. -- One side of a QSO, some guy talking Chinese.
8755 khz. -- Caught the tail end of a QSO between two guys in UNID Asian language.

I'm guessing they were mariners of some sort.  No call signs.  I usually don't hear these QSO's.  Usually when I tune in between the SW and Ham bands all I get is RTTY, Fax noises and Volmet / Coast Guard / Canadian Forces weather broadcasts.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).