We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Russia/Ukraine Radio War 7050 LSB 2116 UTC 25 Apr 2023  (Read 1298 times)

Offline TRI International

• DXing Phenomena
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
Russia/Ukraine Radio War 7050 LSB 2116 UTC 25 Apr 2023
« on: April 25, 2023, 2118 UTC »
Not sure if this goes here
2116 UTC Om speaking in Russian possible news about the Ukraine.

S - 9 via University of Twente. Web SDR
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 2241 UTC by Shortwave_Listener »
We need another card to shut out the draught HW ABT URS?
Use Shazam app. to ID songs, listening direct Airspray RTL SDR , Ham It UP Plus connected to 2 V shape long wires  40ft. high with a MFJ 941C Antenna tuner
QSL to trlinternational@yahoo.com or  trlinternational@protonmail.com

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNID 7050 LSB 2116 UTC 25 Apr 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 2203 UTC »
2158 UTC I am hearing an OM speaking what sounds like Russian directly here. Seems to be nonstop talk so far. Not audible on USB...some ham QRM noted...
2203 UTC Possibly music now? Signal is right at the noise floor.
2205 UTC Not hearing anything now
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 2205 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Russia/Ukraine Radio War 7050 LSB 2116 UTC 25 Apr 2023
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 0243 UTC »
About what? The reports that the Russian Army and the Wagner Group went at it with each other in a town in Luhansk yesterday? That more Russian troops are dying from "friendly fire" than by Ukrainian arms lately? That's likely due to Putin putting political enforcers ala Stalin on the front to promote the old Soviet "Fight or Die" fear into the troops. You've got to have a motivated populace to justify tactics like that, and Putin doesn't have it. This is starting to look more and more like 1917, when the Russian Army left their posts, threw down their arms and literally walked home to start a revolution. Vlad needs to catch the next plane to China before it's too late for him.

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 0941 UTC »
            A large collection of reports on the Russian war in Ukraine under the heading "UA vs RU radio war" has long been published in the OTHER section.
Channels: 3731, 7055+/_5kHz LSB, were used by RURIK Radio  from the beginning of Russian aggression in Ukraine - look for this title. Other Ukrainian freedom fighters have also been broadcasting on these channels with less activity for several months. Recently, the radio war has moved to the 10460+/_ 5kHz USB channels.

For the sake of historical continuity, I suggest moving these entries to the "Other" folder!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 0945 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 2056 UTC »
About what? The reports that the Russian Army and the Wagner Group went at it with each other in a town in Luhansk yesterday? That more Russian troops are dying from "friendly fire" than by Ukrainian arms lately? That's likely due to Putin putting political enforcers ala Stalin on the front to promote the old Soviet "Fight or Die" fear into the troops. You've got to have a motivated populace to justify tactics like that, and Putin doesn't have it. This is starting to look more and more like 1917, when the Russian Army left their posts, threw down their arms and literally walked home to start a revolution. Vlad needs to catch the next plane to China before it's too late for him.

That's all just propaganda from the Western biased leftist media. Nobody asked us if we want to spend billions on fighting Russia, we do not have a voice on the biased media which you parrot -  while our governments drive up the price of everything due to their sanctions of anything Russian which is now banned.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023, 0016 UTC »
China and North Korea have a leftist media they support Russia wholeheartedly. You don't seem to know the difference between a free press, that of the West, and the media of authoritarian countries, like Russia, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Iran, Turkey, etc.... Perhaps you should look into them? Maybe go there to live.

All that footage of military age men fleeing Russia when Putin announced his call-up last summer was a Commie hoax? But, but, even Sean Hannity and the Almighty Tucker Carlson were showing men and families caught in traffic jams, biking and hoofing it to various border crossing were lying to us? They're font's of truth and wisdom. What else could they have been lying about? Election results?

Who is "we" and "our"? Who are you claiming to speak for and where are you from? I'm Pigmeat and I'm from the US of A. What are your bona fides. For some reason your writing style smells of someone who's second or third language is English? It's a bit stilted.  Or maybe "Fanbot 3000" has reanimated preprogrammed to annoy me? Either way I'm going to have some fun.

I'm going to say this once and make it simple. If Putin isn't stopped in the Ukraine, he's going to continue to invade other countries. That's why the US and it's Allies are pouring money and arms into the Ukraine. Putin has to have a total victory or he's toast. All the Ukraine has to do is not lose. It's how the American Colonies defeated the British. It's how the Afghans defeated the British, the Soviets, and us. Have steady allies with deep pockets and arms supplies. All you need is a hardened, motivated populace pissed off enough to take the pounding and you're in like Flynn.

BTW, who wants anything from Russia? All their stuff is crap. Even they don't want it.

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 2109 UTC »
Yeah of course there's some truth in some or part of the news stories coming out of our media. But it's mixed in with so much propaganda, and you seem to have fallen for it. You must have done, because you fail to see that the media is corrupt and is lying to us an awful lot. You think we have a free press? Hahaha how mistaken are you! There is no such thing as truth and free speech in our media. If you can't see that after the past 3 years of Covid total BS in the media and from our governments then I don't think I can help you. You are bound to swallow the narrative that they are putting out that Russia needs to be stopped before he invades other countries. They will not. They are purely protecting and defending themselves against the NATO encroachment towards Russia, something that was was agreed not to happen after the cold war. Rational countries like Russia are on par with the USA and UK, just don't decide to go to war lightly, they have a good reason. Putin is no middle eastern problem eg Iraq, he's doing what the USA and the UK have done many times in recent history. Hypocrites we are.

Ukraine should have sat down at the peace table a year ago, and the west should not have started fighting for them... they have prolonged the war, loss of life there, and we have damage to our economies for a year and counting, sky high inflation.

Are you suggesting I'm Russian???  ;D hahaha. WE gave you a perfect language and you guys screwed it up!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 2151 UTC »
You're easier than your Mom. Go sit in the corner and calm down before you hurt yourself.

Online Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 2242 UTC »
Pigmeat is right.
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 2216 UTC »
Pigmeat is right.
   I live in the zone adjacent to the war in Ukraine, and for decades we lived under the Russian boot,
 by which I mean crazy Putin's policies and his system. This is an aggressor who wants to restore the former "Great Russia" and his methods, like Stalin did, have no human or moral brakes.
 Did the blowing up of the dam on the Don appeal to the non-believers?
 If it takes over Ukraine, the next step will be a nuclear explosion over rebellious Europe.
 Ukraine is fighting for its life and existence, this is not playing politics, you cannot negotiate with a murderer. You and I will be next in line.
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com