We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Holy Cow, you huckleberrys......a Baseball DX contest  (Read 765 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
With apologies to the late Phil Rizzuto for the subject line. Geez, wish this was around 50 years ago.  ;D
https://grandslamdxchallenge.net

Here's some hints: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,111664.0.html
                            https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,53071.msg187577.html#msg187577
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 1146 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Holy Cow, you huckleberrys......a Baseball DX contest
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 1123 UTC »
Thanks for sharing this, Yank...It's a HIT for the Money Store! (You'll either get the 80s TV reference.....
I got it  ;D ;D ;D

My lone Maine & New Hampshire MW catches are Red Sox games - somehow they penetrated the FADS - Flatlander Air Defense System.  I'm going to give this a go, I've done single evenings as an HFU post - I have until early October to complete this exercise.  Thanks for posting radio affiliates, I've peeked at them before.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 0249 UTC »
Thanks Yank! Glad some MW signals made it out from up here behind the Maple Syrup Curtain, unmolested by the FADS picket system. As a Renaissance Man and patron of the fine arts, I suspected you'd understand my reference. Here's another classic Phil Rizzuto homage, while we're (well, I'm) at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTm6OoJusHM
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 0320 UTC by Molvania Poacher »
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 1114 UTC »
Thanks Poacher  ;D