We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Vanuatu 11835 (third harmonic) *0659:00+ UTC 9 May 2023  (Read 351 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
VANUATU. 11835 (third harmonic of 3945), Radio Vanuatu, *0659:00 UT, May 9. This is now routinely being heard, day-after-day,
with very enjoyable reception; 3945 and 7890 only with a faint carrier and no signal today on 15780. Some of today's highlights:

0659: Suddenly on with a C&W Kenny Rogers song; commercial announcement for a local hardware store, selling construction
material.

0700-0714: ID/frequencies/local time check; news/sports in Bislama (lead story about the delegation from Indonesia arriving at
the Vanuatu International Airport and greeted by Vanuatu's PM and the Foreign Affairs Minister of Vanuatu; delegation arrived
with two planes, to help with the relief efforts still going on as a result of the two recent cyclones [news item from the Indonesian
press - https://en.antaranews.com/news/280965/indonesia-sends-assistance-to-vanuatu-aboard-two-charter-planes-bnpb ]; item
about human rights in West Papua; etc.).

0720: Weather in Bislama for the many various provinces; the weather today and outlook for tomorrow; followed by Island music.
My six minute audio is at https://app.box.com/s/lwwt5113ycql6ol70l9e35ebnsi37r5i .

0732: PSA from the Department of Water Resources with a long list of items to do preparing for and during a cyclone (boil water,
have solar panels, check that water is safe to use, have a water tank, listen to the radio for updates, report water damage, etc.).

0736-0816: Sports interview about "football" and mentioning the "Port Vila Football Association."

0829: Indigenous drums/horns intro to the Radio Vanuatu promo; followed by a program about a water recovery project. 

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
Etón E1, external antenna: 100 ft. long wire

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
Re: Radio Vanuatu 11835 (third harmonic) *0659:00+ UTC 9 May 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 1955 UTC »
Do we know if they've done anything dramatic to change their transmitter setup last year? When I'm up late enough to check reception on the third harmonic from up here near Seattle, I've often heard audio rather than just the signal. I feel like I didn't often hear good audio last year until we entered the summer months here in the Northern Hemisphere.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 1107 UTC »
Radio Vanuatu - Audio is for the advertisement for the hardware store - Wilco Santo: 37774 or 37776
or Email: enquirysanto@cnbmwilco.com . https://app.box.com/s/seil63fu1fc32gi24f1tkm2anpkpufp5 .
https://www.facebook.com/WilcoSanto/ .

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 1641 UTC »
Do we know if they've done anything dramatic to change their transmitter setup last year? When I'm up late enough to check reception on the third harmonic from up here near Seattle, I've often heard audio rather than just the signal. I feel like I didn't often hear good audio last year until we entered the summer months here in the Northern Hemisphere.

Since Ron posted but didnt answer you.. id say the likely hood they did any improvements is very unlikely, but no impossible
Stuff in the pacific seems to rot away until its unusable.
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!