We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Weekend Music Radio 'fake' relay (comments) 6295 AM 14 MAY 2023  (Read 143 times)

Offline dave1965

• Ireland North West (KIWI Owner)
  • All reports from my own receiver
    • View Profile
    • KiwiSDR in North West Ireland
    • Email
This message has been put up on WMR website
LATEST NEWS FROM WMR

14th MAY 2023

This weekend has been the 3rd weekend that the fake WMR has been on the air. It was heard Saturday and Sunday 29th and 30th April on 6284kHz, and this last two weeks on 6295 ish. Last weekend the signal really was booming out. 6295 is a great channel since Reflections Europe seem to be off air for now. Last weekend, the signal was superb armchair quality most of the late afternoon and evening.

The fake WMR has been on the air since 2000, and often popped up at this time of year.

This year we thought we would try a little experiment and see if the fake WMR wants to stick out new shows. So for a trial, there is a link below to a new show, recorded on 14th May 2023, There has never been any communcation with the operator of this transmitter, so he may not be interested. But if he is, then I would guess this would turn the fake WMR into a real WMR!!

In actual fact, the fake WMR did broadcast current shows in the past, but only after they had their first airing via the WMR transmitters. (These WMR transmitters are in quite a state of disrepair at this time, and need a bit of work done to make them work again, as did the studio recently!!) So the only difference this time is they have not been aired by WMR first.

Confused?? Not nearly as much as I will be if these shows get an airing and listeners start to want a QSL from an unknown location....lol...

WMR SHOW - MID MAY 2023

Offline TRI International

• DXing Phenomena
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
1532 We are also broadcasting this on 6925 as we speak here in the US  8)
We need another card to shut out the draught HW ABT URS?
Use Shazam app. to ID songs, listening direct Airspray RTL SDR , Ham It UP Plus connected to 2 V shape long wires  40ft. high with a MFJ 941C Antenna tuner
QSL to trlinternational@yahoo.com or  trlinternational@protonmail.com

Offline fox558

• View Profile
I heard them putting out RNI Don Allen recordings as well, yesterday night. It will make sense for the operator of this TX to do something good and relay the NEW shows. As good as WMR is, people want to hear new and current shows, not stuff around 10 years ago
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 1630 UTC by fox558 »

Offline owen81

• Bristol, SW UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
So which WMR is everyone talking about? I can't find that message on wmrscotland.com which I assumed was their website as the guy was definitely talking in a Scottish accent.
Tecsun pl660/330, Yaesu ft991a, ICOM IC718, SDRPLAY RSP1A, OCFD, mla30+, CCW V4 loop, Malahit DSP2.

Offline fox558

• View Profile

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns