We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Re: 77LJS 6950 USB 0130 UTC 23 MAY 2023  (Read 940 times)

Offline dxbill

• Mosinee, Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: 77LJS 6950 USB 0130 UTC 23 MAY 2023
« on: May 23, 2023, 0159 UTC »
Another cheerful reading by 77LJS. Highly fascinating if you're a paranoid survivalist, boring as hell for the rest of us. There's my one and only commentary on 77LJS. S6-S8 here in Central Wisconsin. Good copy.
SDR & Yaesu Ft-897 listener with dipole 22ft. up from Mosinee, WI

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: 77LJS 6950 USB 0130 UTC 23 MAY 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 1451 UTC »
Another cheerful reading by 77LJS. Highly fascinating if you're a paranoid survivalist, boring as hell for the rest of us. There's my one and only commentary on 77LJS. S6-S8 here in Central Wisconsin. Good copy.

I read this last night and was going to respond then but decided not to. Got to thinking about it today and changed my mind. Pretty narrow-minded response on your part. Just because you don't think much of the broadcast content certainly doesn't mean that it is "boring as hell for the rest of us". I'm not going to generalize but I (and I hope most HFU members) enjoy the different genres that are presented by the broadcasters and truly appreciate the time and effort that is put into their broadcast

I'm also not sure if you consider me a "paranoid survivalist" but I'm going to assume that you will. I thought that the broadcast was very fascinating and hope to hear more. I just hope that the op doesn't take to much offence at your petty narrow-minded comment and decide not to broadcast anymore. 

One other thought there is a place called ebay that sells radios that have knobs and/or software do-hickeys that have mice and keyboards that would allow you to change frequencies so you don't have to listen to something that is "boring as hell".

But if you are ever interested in selling that North Korean radio that only tunes in the one frequency and doesn't have an off button/switch I would be interested in buying it.
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 1607 UTC »

I read this last night and was going to respond then but decided not to. Got to thinking about it today and changed my mind. Pretty narrow-minded response on your part. Just because you don't think much of the broadcast content certainly doesn't mean that it is "boring as hell for the rest of us". I'm not going to generalize but I (and I hope most HFU members) enjoy the different genres that are presented by the broadcasters and truly appreciate the time and effort that is put into their broadcast

I'm also not sure if you consider me a "paranoid survivalist" but I'm going to assume that you will. I thought that the broadcast was very fascinating and hope to hear more. I just hope that the op doesn't take to much offence at your petty narrow-minded comment and decide not to broadcast anymore. 

One other thought there is a place called ebay that sells radios that have knobs and/or software do-hickeys that have mice and keyboards that would allow you to change frequencies so you don't have to listen to something that is "boring as hell".

But if you are ever interested in selling that North Korean radio that only tunes in the one frequency and doesn't have an off button/switch I would be interested in buying it.

Although I do enjoy the 77LJS programming, I don’t think anybody likes you acting like you are in charge of the posts on the HFU. People should be able to express their opinion here without getting a PM or post from you with your remarks. Just my opinion.
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 2007 UTC »

Dxbill made a signal report and a comment about the programming.
We don't know if he tuned out shortly afterwards or not.

Just an observation but this is similar to what many of us do for Zeekie these days, myself included, and I don't see anybody (including you) getting up in arms about it. Hmmm.

Another observation: B-Side Radio's op is a racist MF'er and I commented on that and pledged to never listen again. Not a peep was heard from anyone: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,108112.msg338942.html#msg338942

I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 2250 UTC »

Dxbill made a signal report and a comment about the programming.
We don't know if he tuned out shortly afterwards or not.

Just an observation but this is similar to what many of us do for Zeekie these days, myself included, and I don't see anybody (including you) getting up in arms about it. Hmmm.

Another observation: B-Side Radio's op is a racist MF'er and I commented on that and pledged to never listen again. Not a peep was heard from anyone: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,108112.msg338942.html#msg338942

Really, that idea based on one comment? Poor choice of words maybe, but that seems like an overreaction. I very much enjoy B Side Radio programming and I will continue to listen as often as I can.
Lucas Bandura
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.

Offline dxbill

• Mosinee, Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 2301 UTC »
I said it was my one and only comment about 77LJS only expressing an opinion. I WOULD NEVER say 77LJS should stop broadcasting and I love all types of alternative broadcasting that's what makes pirate radio a special and precious medium.
If this much anger results from expressing an opinion I will not generalize in the future for "the rest of us" just myself. I'm not going away, I will still continue to give signal reports and express my opinion. This is the Unites States of America! That freedom of expression I do not take for granted.
SDR & Yaesu Ft-897 listener with dipole 22ft. up from Mosinee, WI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 2326 UTC »
Really, that idea based on one comment? Poor choice of words maybe, but that seems like an overreaction. I very much enjoy B Side Radio programming and I will continue to listen as often as I can.

If you were of Asian heritage then you might just have a different opinion. The person that started publicly using that term widely and repeatedly on the public stage was not making a one-time "poor choice of words".

I see enough of this crap in my life. I don't need any more.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 2338 UTC by Charlie_Dont_Surf »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 2335 UTC »
I WOULD NEVER say 77LJS should stop broadcasting and I love all types of alternative broadcasting that's what makes pirate radio a special and precious medium.

Agreed.

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 2353 UTC »
Shortwave_Listener:
Let me see if I get this right:
“People should be able to express their opinion here without getting a PM or post from you with your remarks. Just my opinion.”
If I understand you, in your opinion people should be able to express their opinion but I’m not allowed to express my opinion about their opinion, but as you say “Just my opinion.”. As for the PM I was trying to be polite and give you my opinion about what you said about the pirate operators. I assumed because you edited your post that was tacit acknowledgement that you were wrong or just poorly worded your original post. There have been at least two times where you flat out told an HFU poster that they were dead wrong and there was no way they could have heard what they reported. Not sure if your remarks are any better than mine.
“I don’t think anybody likes you acting like you are in charge of the posts on the HFU.” I know several other members that are not happy that you went in and changed a lot of wiki information without so much as receiving any feedback from the members as to your ideas. So we just toss that complaint right there.

Charlie_Dont_Surf:
“Dxbill made a signal report and a comment about the programming”. Yes he did, my problem with what he said was “Highly fascinating if you're a paranoid survivalist, boring as hell for the rest of us”. He included others in his comment. I felt that I was entitled to disagree with his generalization; if his comments just referred to himself I wouldn’t have said a thing.
“Just an observation but this is similar to what many of us do for Zeekie these days, myself included, and I don't see anybody (including you) getting up in arms about it. Hmmm”. I think we can agree that Zeke has his issues. Having grown up with a person that had some of the issues and watched how society treated him I don’t say anything about the comments for Zeke as I don’t like pissing in the wind. Many say they know Zeke needs help but they still treat him like a third class person at best. Living in this society can be pure hell for people like that at times.
As for B-Side Radio I can barely hear him so I can’t comment on his views.

Dxbill:
What I said in my above response. It was the generalizations in your comment that sparked my response. I never said and, rereading my original response, that you wanted the op to stop broadcasting. But I was wondering if such negative comments would make him want to stop on his own.
“Highly fascinating if you're a paranoid survivalist”. Kind of sounds like a slam for those that like 77LJS’s broadcast. That in and of its self is a very condescending view of other members seemed reasonable to comment on that.
Please stay and post. I would never argue about a personal opinion. They are someone else’s not mine. But please leave me out of them. Freedom of expression works for me as well.
Northeast Ohio
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 0003 UTC »
Shortwave_Listener:
Let me see if I get this right:
“People should be able to express their opinion here without getting a PM or post from you with your remarks. Just my opinion.”
If I understand you, in your opinion people should be able to express their opinion but I’m not allowed to express my opinion about their opinion, but as you say “Just my opinion.”. As for the PM I was trying to be polite and give you my opinion about what you said about the pirate operators. I assumed because you edited your post that was tacit acknowledgement that you were wrong or just poorly worded your original post. There have been at least two times where you flat out told an HFU poster that they were dead wrong and there was no way they could have heard what they reported. Not sure if your remarks are any better than mine.
“I don’t think anybody likes you acting like you are in charge of the posts on the HFU.” I know several other members that are not happy that you went in and changed a lot of wiki information without so much as receiving any feedback from the members as to your ideas. So we just toss that complaint right there.

I will admit I did make a poor choice of words in that post and I did change them to make it a bit better. You are also right you can express your opinion on other peoples opinions. I am not sure what two posts you mean, but if someone has incorrectly logged something and it makes a difference I think it is worth pointing it out. I have an idea what one of the posts you are thinking of might be and I DID eventually correct myself when it became clear what was happening.

If people don't like my Wiki edits, log in and fix it themselves! Many of those pages are very empty or nonexistent, others are out of date by many years. I am trying to keep the Wiki up to date and full of information. I can never possibly get everything right, but do you think you or anyone else can? I also did consult some people on major edits (mostly privately) and did correct things when I received complaints.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 0024 UTC by Shortwave_Listener »
Lucas Bandura

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 0021 UTC »
Your reply to Charlie_Dont_Surf

And your on my case.
Northeast Ohio
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2023, 0326 UTC »
You fella's need to settle this the gentlemanly way and duel. Pea gravel from wrist rockets at ten paces. Wear safety goggle's, we don't want anyone losing an eye.

The 77LJS op seems to be to young to remember the Cold War and Putin hollering, "Unleash the Nukes, Mevedev!", every couple of day's has him rattled? He seems to be reading from the same CIA White Papers I had to study in the late 70's/early 80's on the KGB in college. I miss the Commies.

Bud's got a point. Covid originated in or around Wuhan, China. A lot of diseases originate in China due to the density of the population and the traditional open-air animal markets in the towns and cities. There are lots of vectors for new diseases to arise, or old diseases to find a new host, mutate and spread. The simple fact is their are too many people competing for too few resources. When that happens, pathogens arise to thin the species out that's overcrowding it's niche. Nature is simply balancing the books.  Calling Covid ,"The China Flu" is blunt, but it's not completely inaccurate. After all, it didn't originate in Canada, and we all know the Canadians are plotting to get us.

Just ask Shortwave Listener and SIGINT. Probably both bona fide members of the top secret Canadian Intel Unit known as "The Possum Lodge".

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2023, 0359 UTC »
You fella's need to settle this the gentlemanly way and duel. Pea gravel from wrist rockets at ten paces. Wear safety goggle's, we don't want anyone losing an eye.

The 77LJS op seems to be to young to remember the Cold War and Putin hollering, "Unleash the Nukes, Mevedev!", every couple of day's has him rattled? He seems to be reading from the same CIA White Papers I had to study in the late 70's/early 80's on the KGB in college. I miss the Commies.

Bud's got a point. Covid originated in or around Wuhan, China. A lot of diseases originate in China due to the density of the population and the traditional open-air animal markets in the towns and cities. There are lots of vectors for new diseases to arise, or old diseases to find a new host, mutate and spread. The simple fact is their are too many people competing for too few resources. When that happens, pathogens arise to thin the species out that's overcrowding it's niche. Nature is simply balancing the books.  Calling Covid ,"The China Flu" is blunt, but it's not completely inaccurate. After all, it didn't originate in Canada, and we all know the Canadians are plotting to get us.

Just ask Shortwave Listener and SIGINT. Probably both bona fide members of the top secret Canadian Intel Unit known as "The Possum Lodge".

Yes we are  ;D

Your reply to Charlie_Dont_Surf

And your on my case.

I did post on Discord a while ago and said I regret my original post in this thread, but you seem to be very interesting in reviving this pointless debate. We both agree now we can express our own opinions on programming and on other peoples opinions, not sure what the problem is now.
Lucas Bandura

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 0416 UTC »

I did post on Discord a while ago and said I regret my original post in this thread, but you seem to be very interesting in reviving this pointless debate. We both agree now we can express our own opinions on programming and on other peoples opinions, not sure what the problem is now.
[/quote]

Not reviving anything. This happened 5 days ago, you are bringing up this history not I.
Northeast Ohio
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 1705 UTC »
Lucas Bandura