We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: TEST DRIVE  (Read 3844 times)

Offline outhouse radio

• View Profile
TEST DRIVE
« on: August 14, 2010, 0150 UTC »
I stopped by the Toyota Dealership yesterday for a look at the new Tacoma . Just for fun, I took it out for a test drive. I wanted to sense that new "feel."

The salesman (wearing an Obama "change" lapel pin) sat in the passenger seat describing the truck and all its "wonderful" options. The seats were of particular interest.

He explained that the seats directed warm air to your butt in the winter and directed cool air to your butt in the summer heat.

Feeling like messing with his mind, I mentioned that this must be a Republican truck. Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were a Democrat truck, the seats would blow smoke up your ass year-round.

I had to walk back to the dealership... Damn guy had no sense of humor.

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TEST DRIVE
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 0755 UTC »
You woulda had me, except for this line...

The salesman (wearing an Obama "change" lapel pin)...

I used to sell cars back in the '80s.  The only lapel pin we might have worn would have read something like "Customers are liars and thieves: Rip off their heads and s**t down their necks."  No matter what else they say, there is no other ideology among successful salesmen.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline outhouse radio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 0442 UTC »
NEW or USED   it does make a difference        would you believe i got that in a email from someone who voted for him    LOL

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 0535 UTC »
NEW or USED   it does make a difference...

Mostly new Mazdas and Nissans.  Really easy to sell during the 1980s and I wasn't a particularly good salesman.  And you're right about the difference - used car selling is a black art.  At the dealerships I worked for only the best sales people were given an opportunity to work in used car sales because the profit was higher.

It was a weird job, had some fun but got burned out quickly - very high pressure.  After a couple of years I was ready to appreciate a regular salaried job again.  Made me appreciate and sometimes even admire true professional sales people... in the same way I find lions, tigers, bears and serial killers fascinating, but don't stick my fingers in their cages.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline outhouse radio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 0547 UTC »
BLACK ART !!??!!   LMAO  ;)

Offline Tube Shortwave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 1923 UTC »
HA HAA!!  Nice post.

If it had been a liberal truck, it would have blown smoke up your rear end, AND told you that the smoke was generated in an environmentally safe, renewable manner.

It's OK for Al Gore to have a $30,000 per month utility bill at just ONE of his mansions, but you're the reason the world is dying if you don't switch to the curly-Q light bulbs in your home and reduce your $50 utility bill for the sake of the planet.  Ahh.. Liberals.... 

Online Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 0514 UTC »
HA HAA!!  Nice post.

If it had been a liberal truck, it would have blown smoke up your rear end, AND told you that the smoke was generated in an environmentally safe, renewable manner.

It's OK for Al Gore to have a $30,000 per month utility bill at just ONE of his mansions, but you're the reason the world is dying if you don't switch to the curly-Q light bulbs in your home and reduce your $50 utility bill for the sake of the planet.  Ahh.. Liberals....

Now THAT'S funny!  ;D ;D
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive