We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Pee Pee Vagina Radio 6925 USB 0557 GMT 12 July 2013  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Osborne White

• View Profile
Pee Pee Vagina Radio 6925 USB 0557 GMT 12 July 2013
« on: July 12, 2013, 0647 UTC »
Pee Pee Vagina Radio just signing off, 0634 GMT after having played Suicidal Tendencies, spoof commercials for "Helen Keller Sings the Blues" record, Montana as a vacation or retirement paradise for guys like Ted Bundy, etc. and various other  parody songs & spoof commercials, along with the usual "ID" of the station name sung to the "Close Encounters" five-note theme.  Unlike previously, VERY good copy here, S-9 + 10 db, no fading, etc.  Some storm static, however, but actually a very nice & wide & hi-fi signal.   PPV Radio seems to be evolving into actually playing program material vs. his old tactic of "pestering" other stations with endless repetitions of the Close Encounters-Pee Pee Vagina schtick.   No QSL info given.  Thanx for the program!  PSE QSL!  From the flatlands of the West Coast, etc....

Osborne White, As* Hole-in-Charge
Mysterious Mystic Radio / WMMR

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 1419 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »

Offline KE5WRT

• West Texas
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pee Pee Vagina Radio 6925 USB 0630 GMT 12 July 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 0654 UTC »
Well, that's what I get for spinning the dial when I found out it was PPVR. Hopefully one of the gang will have it recorded via SDR later. You said they played real music? LOL. 
West Texas. Radios: Kenwood R-600, Grundig YB 400PE, and Realistic DX-440. Antennas: homebuilt vertical, 100' longwire, and 130' Inverted "V".
Please QSL to ke5wrt@gmail.com

Offline Osborne White

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 0814 UTC »
Well, I guess Suicidal Tendencies MIGHT be considered "music" by someone somewhere...I remember when it came out, I thought it was a comedic recording and that I just didn't "get it!"  I mean, some guy in his twenties whining a monologue (likely practicing what he wished that he had balls enough to say out loud to his Mom if only he wasn't such a little pus*y) about "all I wanted was a Pepsi" and about what  his "best interest" is etc. is not exactly "music" in  my book...but then neither is "rap" or "hip hop"  etc.  (THAT foolishness sounds like a crackhead babbling while a record skips in the background!)   In any event, I listened for the better part of a half hour or forty-five minutes before I started looking for my log notebook, which is MIA, hence my post.  During the time that I listened, he played numerous rather highly produced spoof commercials and screwy "music" parodies and some sorta toilet-mouthed black comedian, most of which I had never heard, while doing his usual number in between cuts, etc.  He also ran some sorta routine about horoscopes, the gist of which was that regardless of your zodiac sign, you were doomed or dead or some such; kinda reminded me of something that might have been released in the 1980's on a National Lampoon LP, but what do I know?  In any event, this was not the first time that I have heard an actual "program" from PPV Radio, but previously his signal was poo- poo and his audio sounded like a microphone next to a speaker whereas tonight his audio was great (for SSB at least) as was his signal here; he must have saved up his allowance for weeks and bought some equipment!

Osborne White / WMMR

Offline Ragnar

• Fook'n Ionisphere
    • View Profile
    • PiratesWeek
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 1002 UTC »
Recorder catch here. Just above the noise floor. Poping up to 'listenable' every couple minutes.
Ragnar Daneskjold

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 1340 UTC »
Recorder Catch on 6925USB

Heard here with fair signal 0557-0636z.

Also heard with a short BC at 0837z at poor to fair level.
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 1404 UTC »
Recorder catch:

6925 USB

Decent signal with some fading - same details as others.  Lol, I must be that someone somewhere 'cause I like Suicidal Tendencies :)

Audio (complete show): http://archive.org/download/ShortwavePirateRadioCont/PeepeeVaginaRadio6925Usb0557z-0635z07-12-13.mp3

Thanks PPVR! :)

Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Pee Pee Vagina Radio 6925 USB 0557 GMT 12 July 2013
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 1504 UTC »
SDR catch. 0557 sign on.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline bodr1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 2011 UTC »
Well, I guess Suicidal Tendencies MIGHT be considered "music" by someone somewhere...I remember when it came out, I thought it was a comedic recording and that I just didn't "get it!"  I mean, some guy in his twenties whining a monologue (likely practicing what he wished that he had balls enough to say out loud to his Mom if only he wasn't such a little pus*y) about "all I wanted was a Pepsi" and about what  his "best interest" is etc. is not exactly "music" in  my book...but then neither is "rap" or "hip hop"  etc.  (THAT foolishness sounds like a crackhead babbling while a record skips in the background!)   
Osborne White / WMMR

Check out the How will I laugh album from Suicidal Tendencies... To each their own, it still might not do it for you but it is a good album to get familiar with ST. It's my favorite album from ST..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Will_I_Laugh_Tomorrow_When_I_Can't_Even_Smile_Today

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pee Pee Vagina Radio 6925 USB 0557 GMT 12 July 2013
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 2203 UTC »
Hell I loved STs.  Life blew up for me after their 3rd album so that is all I'm familiar with.  Could have done without the occasional rapping type sh*t.  Rock on PPV.