We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: constant music 15630  (Read 1921 times)

Offline radioreddz

• Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
constant music 15630
« on: August 10, 2013, 0417 UTC »
for the last three hours on 15630 there has been constant music playing with no station ID. at all music varies from pop to R&B to ethnic to classical it's  04:15utc right now  signal has been a constant S3 to S7. what could this be ?
listning to the world on 200' of wire  assisted by a host of Hallicrafters,Icoms,Heath Kits and Radio Shack radios.  Stevo in Maryland

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: constant music 15630
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 1326 UTC »
That's a Voice of Greece frequency. Check 9420 and it should match with 15630.

They also use 15650 and 7475.

The music does vary quite a bit.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline radioreddz

• Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 1537 UTC »
when I went to the shortwave frequency & schedule web site it was showing nothing broadcasting on 15630 at that time radio Greece was listed but at another broadcast time I did check out 9420 and heard nothing from my position. I was checking back and forth on that frequency and that broadcast went on for about 8 hours. I would stop and listen for 30 minutes to an hour at times but never heard any station ID or even a host just music from every origin.
listning to the world on 200' of wire  assisted by a host of Hallicrafters,Icoms,Heath Kits and Radio Shack radios.  Stevo in Maryland

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 1703 UTC »
Not all web sites are up to date.

The NASWA schedule does list that freq and time for Greece.  You might want to join the swskeds Yahoo group and download the latest (and updated almost daily) schedule.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 2127 UTC »
Voice of Greece is still being operated by the staff that were fired a couple of months ago. They are sort of illegally running the station and transmitters. The schedule is in a state of chaos as they seem to change their frequency skeds all the time. The government apparently started moving to shut down the ERT transmitters in the last 24 hours although this hasn't effected the shortwave site....yet.

KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room