We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: ODD 6993  (Read 1880 times)

07code04stalker1776

ODD 6993
« on: August 14, 2013, 0027 UTC »
In progress @ 0007z 6993 English Foreign accent male giving some kind of code or call sign with beeps during the gaps in speech (E.g. Lima Charlie Delta Lima -beep- Romeo India Papa Echo Romeo -beep- Echo Alpha India Lima Alpha Charlie Kilo -beep- India Echo -beep- Mike... Ect) Sounded two way. not very clear here with electrical Interference in my area. signal was week.

cmradio

Re: ODD 6993
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 0309 UTC »
Could be a MARS comm ???

Peace!

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 1334 UTC »
Keep in mind that the NATO Phonetics are said the same way regardless of the language used.  In other words you might hear a Japanese language QSO but with "English" sounding phonetics sprinkled in.  It can seem odd.

Transmissions similar to what you describe can be found fairly regularly.  In my case I most often run across Spanish (SS) language transmissions that are mostly phonetics with just a few words of SS thrown in.  I have heard this from Mexican military, police, and SS narcotraffic.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

07code04stalker1776

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 1225 UTC »
It very well could have been the Mexican military or so on. Any idea about the beep in between groups?

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 1347 UTC »
Several different radio types in common use include a beep when keyed or unkeyed.  If the radio PTT was being dropped between groups that would create a beep.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns